Spring Street Blues

Campus Safety and Security

Monday 11-1-21          

7:04 p.m. Morley Scientific Laboratory: Officers responded to multiple forced door alarms. Officers found students working in the lab and a prop holding the interior card reader door ajar. Officers explained the door was alarmed and cannot be propped open.

Tuesday 11-2-21          

12:17 p.m. Chaffee Tennis House: Officers responded to an intrusion alarm in the bathroom.  The bathrooms and club house were found secure and no one was in the area. 

5:08 p.m. Sawyer Library: Officers were dispatched to Stetson Hall for a door ajar alarm at the second-floor South entrance. Upon arrival, officers found that the door was secure and not ajar. Dispatch stated that the door was still in alarm. Officers cleared the alarm.

Thursday 11-4-21        

3:00 p.m. Hopkins Hall, CSS Office: A stolen article report was filed about a bike missing from Sage basement. The report was faxed to the Williamstown Police Department.

Friday 11-5-21          

9:05p.m. Sawyer Library: Officers responded to an activated motion alarm. There were two students at the main gate that had been inside since the building closed, and the system was armed.  Officers let the students out and reset the building’s alarm.

11:59p.m. Clark Hall: Officer dispatched for a motion detector activated in the steam tunnel. The steam tunnel door was secure, and no one was in the area. Officer then went to West College to check the tunnel entrance there. The gate and door to the tunnel was found closed and secure. Officer cleared and reset the alarm system.

Saturday 11-6-21          

2:15p.m. Weston Field: At halftime of the football game, an officer observed a vehicle run over one of the No Parking signs and drive into the student tailgate area. The vehicle drove through a group of approximately 100 students in the tailgate area. Officers caught up to the vehicle, identified the driver, and addressed the incident accordingly. No injuries were reported as a result of the incident.