Spring Street Blues

Campus Safety Services

Wednesday 10-20-21

12:08 a.m. Tyler House: A student called Dispatch and reported hearing a possible domestic incident in the woods near Tyler House. The student reported that residents in Tyler House heard arguing and a threat. Officers responded while Dispatch called the Williamstown Police Department (WPD) for assistance with the call.

1:25 a.m. Cole Field: An officer observed a suspicious vehicle without a College parking decal and called WPD to assist in identifying the vehicle.7:15 a.m. Paresky Center: Officers responded to a fire alarm and found a smoke detector activated by a Dining staff member who was cooking. The system was reset.

Friday 10-22-21

9:59 a.m. Paresky Center: Officers responded to the mailroom for live baby chicks that had been delivered. The student receiving them was informed that they could not have them in their room. The chicks were taken by a staff member to be cared for until the chicks could be sent home with the student’s family.

Saturday 10-23-21

12:33 a.m. Fitch House: An officer found an event that had not ended at its scheduled time and discovered alcohol present even though it was registered to be alcohol-free. The students were contacted, the party ended, and students left the area.

9:27 a.m. Horn Hall: Officers responded to a report of a student who had burnt their hand. Officers rendered aid and called 911. EMTs evaluated the student and cleared them to remain on campus.

Sunday 10-24-21

2:20 p.m. Sawyer Library: An officer responded to a report of suspicious activity. The individuals involved left before CSS arrived, and the incident is under investigation.

3:00 p.m. Mission Park: A student reported their bike stolen from Mission Park. An officer took a report and informed WPD of the theft.