Spring Street Blues

Campus Safety Services

Monday 10-4-21          

8:36 a.m. Sawyer Library: Campus Safety Services (CSS) officers responded to an intrusion alarm at the second-floor stacks. It was caused by a new staff member.

8:40 a.m. Perry House: A custodian reported finding incense in the Goat Room. Officers located a burnt incense stick on the rim of a plastic cup and a second stick in another plastic cup, which contained ashes from the burnt incense. A photo was taken and the items were delivered to the Environmental Safety & Compliance office. 

9:39 a.m. Eco Café: Dining staff reported that several yogurts were stolen out of a locked refrigerator.  

9:17 p.m. Thompson Memorial Chapel: Officers responded to the basement to follow up on a report of an individual, who is not a student, frequenting the prayer room. This person was found to be someone officially posted from campus and was asked to leave.

Tuesday 10-5-21          

7:05 a.m. Frosh Quad: Officers responded to Williams Hall for a medical assist. 

Wednesday 10-6-21          

2:59 p.m. Dodd House: A student reported that their room had been burglarized on Monday. A statement and Stolen Article Report was taken regarding this incident. 

Friday 10-8-21      

9:00 a.m. Health Center Parking Lot: A Facilities groundsperson reported to an officer patrolling the grounds that while they were operating a riding lawn mower on the east lawn of Agard, the lawn mower slid down an embankment toward the Health Center Lot, causing turf damage and scratches on one vehicle parked in the Health Center lot. The owner of the vehicle was contacted, and it was arranged for the owner to meet an officer to inspect the scratches later in the day.         

3:05 p.m. Weston Field: While on a routine check, an officer found one of the bathrooms vandalized.

Saturday 10-9-21          

6:43 p.m. Thompson Hall: Dispatch received a call stating that a student had fallen and hit their chest. They reported bruising and having trouble breathing. 911 was activated and Northern Berkshire EMS arrived and evaluated the student. The student did not need transport to the hospital.

11:58 p.m. Mission Park: Officers responded to a report of an unresponsive student in Armstrong and activated 911. The student was heavily intoxicated and was transported to the Berkshire Medical Center.

Monday 10-11-21

8:34 a.m. Currier Quad: An officer responded to a report of a suspicious person but was unable to locate and identify the individual. The reporting party was asked to call again if the individual was seen.

Tuesday 10-12-21

7:44 a.m. Mears House: An officer responded to a potential 911 hang-up call. The staff member who made the call said that everything was OK and that they had accidentally dialed 911.

2:47 p.m.: 911 was activated for a student with symptoms of a concussion. Athletic trainers were on scene rendering assistance. The student was transported to a hospital by Northern Berkshire EMS for evaluation.

Wednesday 10-13-21

6:42 a.m. Currier Quad: Officers located and took possession of stolen road signs that were found in the Currier Quad.

7:42 a.m. Weston Field: Vandalism was again reported at the bathrooms. An officer found trash scattered across the floor, toilet paper holders removed, and soap thrown across walls; custodians cleaned the mess.

11:43 p.m. Currier Quad: A staff member reported vandalism. Officers found graffiti in pink spray paint.  A work order was submitted to have the paint removed.

Friday 10-15-21

5:48 p.m. Chandler Pool: An officer responded to an intrusion alarm. No one was in the area; the system was reset.

10:25 p.m. Sawyer Library: An officer responded to students who had located a dog tied up outside. CSS was able to identify the owner, who was contacted and then came to retrieve their dog. 

Saturday 10-16-21

2:25 p.m. Mission Dining Hall: An officer responded to check a set of light switches that were hot to the touch. An electrician was contacted to check the switches and found them to be working normally; they naturally become warm when they are on..

2:33 p.m. Mission Park: Officers responded to a fire alarm. Officers found smoke coming from a room, and 911 was activated for the Williamstown Fire Department. The cause was found to be an adapter that was not seated completely, causing a spark. 

6:36 p.m. Schapiro Hall: An officer came across a large leak caused by the rain. Architectural Trades was contacted and responded to address the issue.

10:20 p.m.: The College experienced a brief power outage. Mechanical and Electrical Trades responded to check their designated alarms and areas.

11:23 p.m. Currier Quad: A large gathering was found. The Area Coordinator was notified.

Sunday 10-17-21

12:05 a.m. Rice House: Officers responded to multiple card access alarms. Upon arrival, a large gathering was identified. The party was dispersed.

11:47 a.m. Paresky Center: Officers responded to a student having a seizure.  Aid was rendered by the student’s friends before CSS arrived. The student was evaluated and transported to a hospital by Northern Berkshire EMS.