Spring Street Blues – Week of October 2

Wednesday 9-25-13

2:45 p.m., Thompson Hall: Campus Safety and Security received notice of a fire alarm set off in a mechanical room. Once at the scene, officers inspected the area and saw no apparent cause for the alarm. Security asked mechanical trades to check the machinery in the building.

8:41 p.m., Garfield: Security responded to a fire alarm triggered by a smoke detector. Upon arrival at the scene officers found that a hair dryer had set off the alarm.

11:35 p.m., Mission: Security received a noise complaint about Mills. Officers advised the small group found at the scene of the complaint, and they turned the music off.

Thursday 9-26-13

9:50 p.m., Brooks: Security received a report of a loud group of students on the first floor. Officers spoke with a group of students that were watching TV in the first floor living room and advised them of the complaint. The students agreed to quiet down and apologized for the disturbance.

10:15 p.m., Paresky: Security responded to a report of an intoxicated student in the bathroom requiring assistance. Upon arrival at the scene, officers found the student vomiting. The student was incoherent and found it difficult to answer basic questions. Officers called 911. Village Ambulance transported the student to North Adams Regional Hospital (NARH).

11:05 p.m., Spencer House: Security responded to a report of a broken window. At the scene, officers saw a door with two broken windowpanes. The broken glass was swept up, and officers paged the on-call architectural tradesman. An officer stood by the door until the tradesman arrived.

Friday 9-27-13

1:47 a.m., Spring Street: Security received notice of an erratic driver in a silver Mercedes driving around campus, specifically the Spring Street and Hoxsey Street areas. The caller indicated that the driver might be intoxicated and that they had also reported the driver to the Williamstown Police Department (WPD). The vehicle, driver and vehicle owner were identified.

9:57 p.m., Perry: Security received a call claiming that students were partying on the roof porch of Perry. Officers responded to the scene and found the roof porch empty.

11:32 p.m., Stetson Court/Perry: Security received a noise complaint. Officers found loud music coming from the second floor of Perry. Upon arrival at the scene, officers encountered a small number of students in a room dancing. Officers informed the group of the noise complaint, and the students turned down the music.

Saturday 9-28-13

1:13 a.m., Tyler Annex: Security received a report of an unresponsive student. At the scene, officers found a student lying on the floor in a hallway with a small amount of vomit on the rug. The student’s speech was very slow and slurred, and the student was also unable to stand or sit up. Officers activated 911. The student was transported to NARH. Security called the on-call custodian for clean-up.

1:35 a.m., Dodd House: Security received notice of a “mess” inside the main door to the right next to the benches. Officers at the scene encountered the “mess,” which turned out to be vomit on the carpet. Officers called the custodian in for bio-hazard cleanup. Officers identified the student who vomited and found the student being assisted by other students.

3:13 a.m., Morgan: Dispatch received a noise complaint concerning the fourth floor of the building. Officers checked all four floors and did not find any noise.

1:09 p.m., Mission: Security responded to a report of a Dining Services employee with a laceration on their right hand. The injured employee’s friend responded to campus and transported them to NARH. The employee filled out a Personal Accident Report.

4:07 p.m., Morgan: Security responded to a fire alarm. Officers at the scene found the alarm was set off by a student blow drying their hair.

9:42 p.m., Mission: Dispatch received a call about a student who needed to be transported to NARH for a possible dislocated left shoulder after having tripped over a tree root and falling hard on the left shoulder.