Spring Street Blues

Wednesday 11-7-12

10 a.m., Thompson Hall: Campus Safety and Security received a report of a gas smell in the building. The odor was coming from the garage area on the north side of the building. There were gas cans and snow blowers stored in the garage. The grounds crew was notified and will remove the items.

3:09 p.m., Paresky: Officers responded to a call from Paresky to look for a missing nine-year-old boy. A Williamstown Police Department (WPD) officer also arrived inside Paresky. The child had been playing in Paresky but had gone missing. He also had been on campus taking music lessons in the Bernhard music building. While an officer and the parent were responding to Bernhard, the child was spotted coming out of Sawyer.

4:10 p.m., Mission: A student reported seeing two suspicious individuals being let into Mission by another student. The student described the individuals as wearing hooded sweatshirts and acting like they were trying not to be seen as they entered the building. Officer responded and located the two individuals in the recreational room on the first floor. They were identified as students from Mount Greylock High School. The two individuals were informed they could not be in the dorms without a student host.

Friday 11-9-12

8:35 a.m., Agard: Security received a theft report of a bike stolen from the Agard porch. A Stolen Article Report was faxed to WPD.

6:14 p.m., Parking Garage: Security received a report of a raccoon stuck in the stairwell between the top and middle levels. The raccoon became startled when someone walked down the stairwell and running quickly to avoid the person, got stuck between a concrete wall and metal grating. The raccoon was freed.

10:30 p.m., Ruland House: A fire alarm went off due to steam from a shower.  Security responded to the alarm and the system was reset.

10:59 p.m., Perry: Officers broke up an illegal party in the Perry library. There were 35 students from Williams and also Trinity playing Beirut.

11:11 p.m., Agard: Officers broke up an illegal party in Agard basement. About 22 people were playing Beirut in their bras and underwear.

Saturday 11-10-12

1:49 p.m., Mission: Officers were dispatched to Mission to investigate writing on a whiteboard. This board was attached to a student’s door. Officers arrived on the scene, viewed the message and determined a bias-motivated incident had occurred. The bias incident investigation and response was initiated at 2 p.m. as per established protocols. Security increased its campus presence. WPD was notified and statements were taken from Mission residents.

8:35 p.m., Tyler Annex: Security received a report of loud music on the first floor. Officers found about 10 students listening to loud music. They were advised of the complaint and turned the music down.

Sunday 11-11-12

1:46 a.m., Dodd House: Security received a noise complaint that someone was playing the piano and banging on the keys loudly. Students present were advised of the noise complaint, and they agreed that they would stop playing the piano loudly and singing for the night.

1:37 p.m., Agard: Security responded to a complaint of an unidentified man in the living room of Agard who was holding a dog on a leash that appeared to be vicious. Officers responded and found a man with a dog on a leash sitting outside of Agard on the northwest corner of the building. He was identified as the parent of a student and told Security that he would take the dog out of the building.