9:10 p.m. Facilities: Campus Safety and Security (CSS) took a report from the facilities parking lot of a minor motor vehicle accident involving two college vans.
10:16 p.m. Driscoll Dining Hall: The fire alarm was triggered. Officers found that a toaster was left on in the main dining area with burned crumbs. The oficers ventilated the dining hall was ventilated and reset the fire system.
10:47 p.m. South Science Building: CSS received a report of a noise complaint. The source of the complaint was three students playing video games on a large television in a common area. Officers advised the students of the complaint; the students turned the sound on the game off.
3:43 p.m. Kellogg House: The fire alarm was triggered. Officers checked the indicated detector and areas and found no reason for the alarm. They silenced the alarm and then attempted to reset the fire system, but the alarm sounded again. An electrical tradesperson was asked to respond to check or change out the activated alarm.
5:45 a.m. Driscoll Dining Hall: Officers responded for a fire alarm. On arrival, they found smoke in the east dining area. Officers searched extensively but could not identify the origin of the smoke. They activated 911 for the Williamstown Fire Department (WFD) to respond. WFD arrived on scene and, after a search of the building, they determined that the cause of the fire was a new part on the air handler. CSS notified multiple administrative and safety staff members of the incident and the dining hall was to remain closed per the Williamstown Fire Chief until the town Health Inspector could inspect and okay for re-occupancy.
2:40 p.m. Spencer Art: Officers responded to a 911 activation. There was no campus emergency. The call came from a faculty member who had called 911 concerning smoke on the top of a mountain range to the north of campus.
8:30 p.m. Goodrich Hall: An officer was dispatched to assist a student who had sprained their ankle. The officer recommended a trip to the emergency room and contacted Northern Berkshire Emergency Medical Services to respond and transport.
11:22 p.m. Spring Street: A fire alarm was activated from the Adams Block. Officers checked all the areas they had access to and found nothing.
6:10 p.m. Weston Field: Officers responded for a report of someone having an asthma attack. Mt. Greylock High School was hosting a track meet at this time. Northern Berkshire Emergency Medical Services was already on scene and had a competitor for Lenox High School on their stretcher, heading towards the ambulance. The athlete was transported to Berkshire Health North in North Adams.
2:17 a.m. Perry House: CSS received a report of a burning odor on the third floor. Upon arrival, officers found a strong odor of something burning. Williamstown Fire Department was asked to respond to help locate the source. The Safety and Environmental Compliance on-call staff person was contacted and advised. The fire department arrived and completed another walk through of the building. Two fresh burn holes in the carpet on the second floor stair case were still smoldering.
12:12 p.m. Squash Courts: A coach called dispatch regarding a damaged window pane at the squash courts. The on-call architectural tradesperson was called by CSS and responded to secure the damage.
7:50 p.m. Sage Hall: CSS received a report of a student who was experiencing symptoms of a possible concussion. The student asked to be transported to the emergency room. Northern Berkshire Emergency Medical Services was contacted and responded to transport the student to Berkshire Health North in North Adams.