Spring Street Blues

Monday 4-5-21

7:34 a.m. Faculty Club: Officers responded to an intrusion alarm caused by a contractor who did not know the system was armed. The Dining staff arrived and would remain on site while the contractor was in the building.

10:56 a.m. Paresky Mailroom: An officer responded to pick up a small package that smelled of marijuana.

5:18 p.m. Paresky Center: An officer responded to an intrusion alarm at the penthouse.

Tuesday 4-6-21

7:38 a.m. Chaffee Tennis House: An officer responded to a burglary alarm but found the building and doors secure.                          

3:47 p.m. Wachenheim Science Center: An officer responded to a roof access door alarm and found the door held open with a bungee cord. After finding no one around, the officer secured the door.

Wednesday 4-7-21

7:45 a.m. Faculty Club: Officers responded to an intrusion alarm caused by Facilities staff.

7:53 a.m. Chaffee Tennis House: Officers responded to an intrusion alarm and found a contractor on site. 

Thursday 4-8-21

11:36 a.m. Morley House: Officers responded to a report of an active and audible fire alarm. Officers identified the activated detector, and Electrical Trades responded to clean the detector.

10:20 p.m. Williams College Museum of Art: An officer responded to an alarm but found no one on site and no apparent cause.

Friday 4-10-21

12:26 a.m. Bryant House: An officer responded to a complaint of a party on the second floor and found 10 students, who are podmates, in a common room listening to music and singing. They were advised of the complaint.

2:20 a.m. Mission Park Drive: Three students were observed carrying a large traffic cone with reflective tape and three-inch-tall letters “RBO” written in black at the top. An officer followed them to Williams Hall, identified the student with the cone, and put it back where it belonged.

Saturday 4-11-21

12:18 a.m. Hubbell House: An officer responded to multiple forced-door alarms.

9:31 a.m. West College: An officer responded to a forced-door alarm and found the door slightly ajar and not closing on its own. The officer called Architectural Trades to respond for repair.

9:49 a.m. East College: An officer responded to a forced-door alarm and found that students were propping the door open because the reader was not working to unlock the door. The officer called Architectural Trades for repair.

2:34 p.m. Weston Fieldhouse: Officers responded to a ringing fire alarm and found the pull station at the Peck Grandstand was activated. The officers reset the system but did not determine the cause for the alarm’s activation.

6:44 p.m. Tyler Annex: An officer responded to a report of a leak in the basement and identified the source as a first-floor heater. The officer called Mechanical Trades, which was able to stop the leak.