Spring Street Blues

Tuesday 3-9-21

1:14 p.m. Paresky: An officer responded to the basement kitchen for a report of an employee who had injured their back lifting a box and was experiencing severe pain. Northern Berkshire Emergency Medical Services (EMS) arrived, evaluated the employee, and transported the employee to Berkshire Medical Center in North Adams.  

7:30 p.m. Currier Quad: An officer responded to a report of a bat in a room. 

Wednesday 3-10-21

9:43 p.m. Sawyer Library: Officers responded to multiple alarms. 

Friday 3-12-21

12:13 a.m.: Campus Safety and Security (CSS) received a call from someone off campus reporting a large gathering with multiple violations of COVID-19 guidelines. The Williamstown Police Department (WPD) also received the call and responded. Since the report occurred off campus, the WPD took the call, and CSS officers stood by to assist only if requested by the WPD.

1:44 p.m. Kellogg House: Officers responded to a report of someone dressed in a Spider-Man costume. 

Saturday 3-13-21

12:12 a.m. Tyler House and Tyler Annex: An officer responded to a complaint regarding a loud and out-of-control gathering. Upon arrival, the officer found both dorms and surrounding areas to be very quiet with nobody around.

10:40 a.m.: The director of CSS informed dispatch that one student had tested positive for COVID-19 and needed to be transported to isolation housing. Six additional students who were close contacts had to be moved to quarantine housing. Dispatch coordinated the process, sending an officer to retrieve keys and supplies. Northern Berkshire Transport transported the students to quarantine housing. 

11:38 a.m. Paresky: An officer responded to a small motor vehicle accident in the loading dock. The WPD also responded for a motor vehicle accident report. 

5:50 p.m. Lansing Chapman Rink: Officers responded to a 911 medical emergency concerning an injured student on the ice. Northern Berkshire EMS responded, treated the student, and transported the student to the emergency room.