Spring Street Blues

Monday 2-22-21

10:39 a.m. Hopkins Hall: An officer picked up a medical supplies package for a student in quarantine at Dodd House, who would be moving to isolation at the Center for Development Economics (CDE) residence hall. Northern Berkshire Transport (NBT) arrived at Hopkins Hall, and an officer escorted the van to Dodd House.  

12:52 p.m. Wachenheim Science Center: An officer found a dog off leash with the dog’s owner a short distance away. The officer reminded the owner of the leash requirement, especially since this was a repeated incident, as the same dog was previously seen without a leash.

5:10 p.m. ’62 Center for Theatre and Dance: An officer responded to a report of a person stuck inside the north elevator. On-campus Electrical Trades also responded.  

7:03 p.m. Gladden: A student called to report that he had damaged a window in his room with a ball. The on-call Architectural Trades staff member was contacted and responded.

Tuesday 2-23-21

2:00 p.m. Jesup Hall: An officer responded to a motor vehicle accident in the parking lot, contacted the owner of the damaged vehicle, and called the Williamstown Police Department (WPD) for an accident report. 

9:10 p.m. Williams College Museum of Art (WCMA): An officer responded to an alarm. Dispatch contacted the WCMA Security Supervisor as per protocol. 

Wednesday 2-24-21

2:05 a.m. WCMA: An officer responded to an intrusion alarm and found that the alarm was caused by the same issue as earlier. Officers reset the intrusion system. 

2:49 a.m. Morley Science Center: An officer heard drops of water coming from the opposite side of door 53P on the basement floor. The water seemed to be runoff from the melting snow; officers submitted work orders. 

6:38 a.m. Wachenheim Science Center: An officer responded to an emergency call from the elevator. Dispatch attempted to contact anyone on the elevator but was unsuccessful. An officer arrived and found contractors and custodians using the elevator with no issues. 

7:14 a.m. Weston Field: An officer responded to a medical emergency at the athletics tent. A student called dispatch to report that they fell on the ice outside of the Paresky Center but were now at the athletic tent and not feeling well. Officers decided that the student needed to be evaluated because they hit their head, and the student was transported to Berkshire Medical Center by NBT.

9:48 a.m. Hopper Science Center: Officers were dispatched to room 016 to meet with a student who was experiencing an allergic reaction to medicine and activated 911 for Northern Berkshire Emergency Medical Services (EMS) to respond. 

Saturday 2-27-21

12:23 a.m. Wood House: Dispatch received multiple forced door alarms for Wood North 12A. Officers arrived on the scene and found a party of roughly 80 to 100 students taking up the common areas on the ground floor. In the west side common area, students had a beer pong table set up in a room packed with people watching. As soon as the students saw the officers, they scattered, some running directly into officers in their panic. Many students were not wearing any masks, and many who were not wearing them on their face had them on their person (around the neck, wrist, etc.). 

1:03 a.m. ’62 Center for Theatre and Dance: Officer responded to reports of property damage. Dispatch received a call that reported a group of around 20 students in front of the center with three students damaging a “They Matter” sign on the center property. An officer located the sign and documented the damage to the sign, which appeared to be put back together well enough for it to be left in place.  

1:16 p.m. Towne Field House: Athletics staff called to report an electrical issue. An officer verified the issue and called the on-call Electrical Trades staff member to respond.

3:08 p.m. Knolls Road: An officer responded to a report of a large gathering of individuals who were not wearing masks or engaging in social distancing. Officers observed a group of 10 to 12 males on a porch on Hoxsey St. The officers continued to Knolls but did not find anyone outside. An officer spoke to those on Hoxsey St. and advised them of the complaint at Knolls. An officer found students still on the porch; they were not socially-distanced, not wearing masks, and were drinking and playing loud music.  

4:14 p.m. Park Street: An officer responded to meet with a WPD officer, who pointed out water bubbling out of the ground on the north side of a driveway. The officer had already contacted the Williamstown Department of Public Works, and they said this was not Town, but College property. Campus Safety Dispatch contacted the College Mechanical Trades Foreman and a work crew for an emergency repair.  

Sunday 2-28-21

3:46 p.m. South Science Center: An officer responded to meet with a student reporting a problem with an incubator.  Upon entering the room, the officer noticed a smell associated with an electrical issue and noticed a haze in the room. The officer called 911 to have the Williamstown Fire Department respond and confirm that nothing was burning within the incubator. The officer also pulled the nearest fire system pull station. 

6:20 p.m. Morgan Hall: An officer responded to a fire system trouble alarm.