Spring Street Blues

Tuesday 10-3-00

12:00 p.m. Officer observed a contractor truck pulling out of the lot at rear of the MCC, leaving some vehicles wholly covered in mud. Company contacted concerning incident and report one of their workman reports a problem with the machines that resulted in the cars being covered with mud. They are sending some people back to clean up the cars.

6:24 p.m. Fire alarm from Parsons. Caused by spray air freshener.

Wednesday 10-4-00

1:44 a.m. Fire alarm from Poker Flats. No apparent cause. Indicating detector possibly gone bad. Officers changed the detector.

11:40 a.m. Officer checked out suspicious activity around a motor vehicle on Chapin Drive. Person admitted to causing damage to a decorative license plate. Owner was called and a solution was worked out.

1:50 p.m. Student reported her bike was vandalized while locked outside of Carter.

7:53 p.m. Fire alarm from Prospect. Caused by cooking.

8:44 p.m. Intrusion from Chapin Library in Stetson. Officers checked and Chapin Librarian called.

Thursday 10-5-00

8:00 p.m. Call from a professor in Biology concerning use of AV equipment and getting someone to assist.

Friday 10-6-00

1:25 a.m. Broken window complaint from Bryant. Someone had broken a large plate glass window. A carpenter and custodian were paged.

6:00 a.m. Turned off alarm clock in Dodd.

6:04 a.m. Custodian reported a blinking-light street barrier had been “mounted” on the side of Williams Hall. Officer was able to get it down and return it to street.

7:56 p.m. Assist sick person in BMC/Chapin. Village Ambulance already on their way. The person was transported to NARH.

6:17 p.m. Fire alarm from Perry. Caused by cooking.

8:33 p.m. Panic/Emergency Assistance alarm activated in the Physics Observatory. Students who did not know what the buttons were for began experimenting by pressing them to see what happens.

10:41 p.m. Fire alarm from Mission Park. Caused by cooking.

11:30 p.m. Call from the Log. Security needed for assistance with crowd.

11:40 p.m. Noise complaint from the Northside Motel concerning noise from Carter. Officer spoke with students, and music was turned off.

Saturday 10-7-00

12:12 a.m. Shut off continuously sounding alarm clock in a room in Dodd for neighbor.

12:20 a.m. Noise complaint from apartment block on Spring St. concerning the Log. Officer checked and advised management

12:23 a.m. Fight involving non-student observed in alley in front of Canterbury’s. Williamstown Police advised.

9:10 a.m. Fire alarm from Sewall House. Caused by steam from shower.

5:06 p.m. Intrusion alarm from Pool Office. No apparent cause.

11:20 p.m. Officer called for Williamstown Police to respond to Greylock Quad concerning a person who would not produce a Williams ID or identify himself as a student.

Sunday 10-8-00

12:32 a.m. Assisted and transported injured student from lawn in front of Admissions to NARH.

2:39 a.m. Disturbance call from Sage F. Offenders had cleared out but a carpenter had to be paged in for a broken window.

7:25 a.m. Dining Hall staff report a stranger walking through Dodd kitchen area. Investigation led to identifying a student. No further problems.

12:35 p.m. Student in Gladden reported someone had entered the student’s room and trashed room. Investigation continues.

2:30 p.m. Skateboarders on the Sawyer sidewalk fled from officer as she approached. Officers caught up with them a few minutes later and identified them as from Bennington, Vt. They were advised on the College policy concerning skateboarding.

3:15 p.m. Tire ruts and other lawn damage seen on front lawn of Agard drive.

8:35 p.m. A non-Williams person/stranger found in the East College without a student host. The student host was found.

10:03 p.m. Student reported hearing breaking glass in Mark Hopkins. Broken beer bottles found and a custodian was paged in for cleanup.

10:45 p.m. Officer discovered a beer drinking party game in progress in Dennett. This is illegal activity and the game was broken up.