Athletes of the spring

Darren Hartwell '13
Darren Hartwell ’13

Darren Hartwell ’13
Baseball
N. Reading, Mass.

Hartwell had a standout baseball season, leading the team with 156 at bats. He played in 38 games, garnering 60 hits for a batting average of .385, another team best. His on-base percentage was a stunning .429. The senior scored 37 runs while batting in 14 more. Hartwell successfully stole 19 bases, while only being caught four times. With a slugging percentage of .442, his batting power was a major factor in many of the men’s games. He had five three-hit games this season.

Georgiana Salant '14
Georgiana Salant ’14

Georgiana Salant ’14
Women’s golf
Carlsbad, Calif.

Salant had an outstanding spring season, helping the Ephs earn a berth in the Div. III NCAA tournament. In one of her strongest performances of the season at the Vassar Invitational, she shot four birdies and an eagle, posting a 71 on Day One. Her score tied Williams’ best single round score by a female golfer and was the first time a Williams woman had broken par in varsity play. She was the individual winner at Vassar, as well as the women’s home tournament, the Williams Spring Invitational. Salant was the only Eph to shoot in the 70s on Day One, posting a 77. Another 77 performance on Day Two earned her top honors in the tournament.

Colton Growney '13
Colton Growney ‘1

Colton Growney ’13
Men’s lacrosse
Berwyn, Pa.

Growney played in all 13 games this season for men’s lacrosse. He scored 19 goals, accounting for the second-most goals on the team. With a total of eight assists, Growney had a total of 27 points for the Ephs. He took 62 shots throughout the season, with 30 of those on goal, earning him a 48.4 shot-on-goal percentage. He led the team in man-up goals, scoring four. Growney had two hat tricks this season, one in a 10-7 win over Bates on March 30 and another in a tight 7-6 win over Union on April 10.

Sam Weinstein '13
Sam Weinstein ’13

Sam Weinstein ’13
Women’s lacrosse
Marblehead, Mass.

Co-captain Weinstein was a great leader for the Ephs this season. She started all 15 games for the women this spring, scoring 16 goals and notching six assists. She had 31 shots on goal on the season, giving her an accuracy percentage of 67.4 percent. Her season highlights include a hat-trick performance in the women’s 11-7 victory Conn. College during the spring break trip to Florida. Weinstein also had two goals and two assists in the women’s matchup against Bates.