Athletes of the Spring

Lexi Curt ’18

Softball

Tri-captain Lexi Curt ’18 has made her mark on the softball program, leading the team to three consecutive NESCAC titles. In the championship game on Sunday, she hit the go-ahead three-run homer in the final inning.  The All-American holds career records for home runs (36), RBIs (156), total bases (360) and doubles (52). Curt is the reigning NESCAC Player of the Year and has earned All-NESCAC honors each season. Head coach Kris Herman spoke of Lexi’s four years. “Lexi’s year has been a career year for anyone, likely the best season anyone has ever had at Williams,” she said. “She is our leader on the field from behind the plate and the best hitter in the conference.  Her clutch home run in the conference championship was the stuff legends are made of.  Lexi is also a great teammate and fun to coach.  She cares so much about the game, her teammates and her team.”

George Peele ’20

Men’s Lacrosse

A Second Team All-NESCAC goaltender, George Peele ’20 has started in net for the Ephs since his rookie season. This season, Peele has started all 16 games for the 9–7 Ephs and has logged just under 941 minutes in goal. Over his time at the College, Peele has played for 1820:28 minutes and stopped 372 for a 50.3 save percentage. His career record is 16–16.  “George Peele has started every game as goalie since arriving at Williams,” head coach George McCormack said. “His size and athleticism have allowed him to be a very good stopper of the ball, and his vision down the field has enabled us to get our transition offense going on a regular basis. George has a knack for making big saves in the biggest games.”

Juli Raventos ’18

Women’s tennis

Co-captain Juli Raventos ’18  is a three-time All-American in singles and doubles. In her first year, she set the all-time Williams record for most doubles matches won in a single year. This season, Raventos has played in the No. 1 position and remains undefeated in doubles 16–0 and has a singles record of 14–3. “Juli is an absolute rock for us on this team, head coach Anik Cepeda said. “Playing at the top of the doubles and singles lineup, Juli is one of the coolest, calmest and most collected No. 1s I’ve seen in my time with college tennis. The bigger the moment, the more Juli seems to enjoy playing for her team. Her steady on-court mindset and willingness to try new things during important matches inspire her teammates to believe in themselves  and their abilities to play green light (un-inhibited) tennis. Raventos’ overall doubles record is 107–12, and her singles record is 88–12.

Tobias Muellers ’18

Men’s track and field

Tobias Muellers ’18, a co-captain of both men’s track and field and men’s soccer, has been a model of versatility not only this season, but throughout his Williams career. An All-American in the heptathlon and decathlon, he broke his school record in the heptathlon this season with 5068 points. On top of all that, Muellers is a decorated student-athlete, winning the 2017 NCAA Elite 90 award for highest GPA among the competition and earning Academic All-NESCAC honors each season. “Tobias’ versatility is difficult to capture in a mere quote,” head coach Ethan Barron said. “For an individual to excel in every realm of track and eld is rare. Tobias has made himself one of the best in jumpers, sprinters and throwers in NESCAC, New England and nationally. He is a triple threat that other teams simply can’t respond to.”