Spring Street Blues: From the files of campus security

Monday 4-16-18

11:27 a.m. Mount Hope: An alarm was activated showing motion detected. Several officers were contacted.

Tuesday 4-17-18

7:00 a.m. Meacham Street: A report was made of a fallen tree on a student’s vehicle that was parked at 100 Meacham St. Williamstown Police Department and the owner were called.

8:40 p.m. A welfare check on a student was requested by one of the deans. The student was offered assistance and transported to the hospital by ambulance.

Wednesday 4-18-18

12:41 a.m. President’s House: An intrusion alarm was sounded. Officers found a student exiting out of a first- floor window. This student was detained and identified. College authorities were notified of the break-in. The student was referred to the Dean’s Office.

3:34 p.m. Hopkins Hall: An officer took a statement concerning an incident that occurred early Saturday morning on April 14. The student reported that around 1:45 a.m., she had walked her friend home to East College and was on her way to Morgan when she heard two males at the corner of Lab Campus Drive and Main Street yelling inappropriate language directed at her. The student felt threatened and ran into her dorm. A Bias Incident Report was taken and College authorities were notified.

7:54 p.m. Jesup Hall: An intrusion alarm was sounded on the third floor. No one was found on site. The alarm system was reset.

Thursday 4-19-18

9:16 a.m. Williams Hall E Entry: A report of the odor of marijuana was made.

Friday 4-20-18

6:09 a.m. Oakley Center: An officer responded to the circle in front of the Oakley Center for a report of a stuck bus. The officer found a King Ward bus stuck in the grass in the circle. The bus had to be pulled out by a tow truck. Damages were documented.

11:20 a.m. Garfield House: A report was made of a broken storm window. The window was actually broken in two separate panes. The inner window, however, was still intact. A work order was filled out for repair.

12:11 p.m. Health Center: staff asked that 9-1-1 be activated for North Adams Ambulance to respond to the Health Center for transport to Berkshire Medical Center North for a possible concussion. The Health Center called back and asked that the ambulance be cancelled because alternate transportation had been arranged.

12:53 p.m. A parent asked for a welfare check on a student.

7:21 p.m. Cole Field: An officer was dispatched for a car accident. Williamstown Police Department also responded and took the accident report.

9:04 p.m. A student was transported to Berkshire Medical Center in North Adams for a possible concussion.

Saturday 4-21-18

10:10 a.m. Williams College Museum of Art: Officers responded to a 9-1-1 activation. Officers found no one on site and activated 9-1-1. Williamstown Police Department informed officers that they took a 9-1-1 call from a Lawrence Hall employee who was reporting a traffic concern they observed while on their way to work, but that the person was no longer at that phone.

10:42 a.m. Front Street: A town resident asked Campus Safety and Security to respond to Cole Field to turn down music playing at the baseball field while the baseball team was warming up before its game. The team was advised of the complaint and asked to lower the music.

5:10 p.m. Lasell: Officers were called to assist the gym monitor in identifying a few high school students who did not swipe into Lasell and were holding the door open for others to enter.

9:20 p.m. Brooks House: An officer reported that he observed a large group of students enter Brooks House from the front and rear of the building carrying 30 packs of beer. Officers arrived and found an unregistered party just getting underway. The alcohol present was still mostly in the packs.

11:48 p.m. Mission Park: Officers responded to a noise complaint and possible unregistered party. The unregistered party was in the fourth floor common room of Pratt with about 30 students. There was underage drinking present. One student took responsibility for the event and cleaned up the mess.

Sunday 4-22-18

4:13 p.m. Southworth Street: An officer observed a truck suddenly stop in the middle of the street just north of the Mission Park intersection. The passenger side door suddenly flung open, and a woman got out of the truck and began a verbal altercation with the driver. The officer was asked to dispatch the Williamstown Police Department.