7:55 a.m. Brooks parking lot: A student reported slipping and falling on some ice. She said she was not injured, but her biggest concern was that the parking lot gets treated. Dispatch notified Facilities.
8:14 a.m. Stetson/Sawyer basement: A call was placed requesting help for a Facilities employee having chest pains. Dispatch activated 9-1-1 for an ambulance. North Adams Ambulance Service responded, and the employee was taken to Berkshire Medical Center (BMC) South.
1:20 p.m. A Facilities employee reported an accident with a Facilities truck. The employee was attempting to back the truck into one of the bays at the Facilities garage and struck the passenger-side mirror against the garage opening.
9:59 p.m. Carter: Officers responded to a report of a student who had broken her tooth. The student was transported to BMC North.
9:25 a.m. Hopkins Hall: An officer responded to a report of an icicle that had fallen off of Hopkins Hall and hit a pedestrian on the head while they were walking on the sidewalk. The complainant declined any medical treatment. “Danger: Falling Ice” signs were placed on the sidewalk. The complainant completed a statement and a personal accident/injury form.
11:10 a.m. Paresky: Dispatch received a call from the emergency phone in an elevator with no voice on the other end. An officer went to the elevator and verified that no one was inside and that it was operating properly.
5:36 p.m. Lasell: Officers responded to a report of an injured student. The injured student was found just outside the locker room on the first floor. The student was playing basketball when he rolled his ankle. He was transported to the Health Center to have his ankle checked. Non-Emergency Transport Services then transported him to BMC North.
8:44 p.m. Dodd House: Officers responded to a report of an odor on the second floor. Officers followed the odor of marijuana to a student’s room. The student had been smoking and had lit candle, which was burning on his desk. The student was charged a $500 fine for the two violations.
11:46 p.m. Tyler House: Officers responded to a report of an intoxicated student. Upon arrival, the student was found lying face-down on the floor in the entrance to the kitchen. Due to the student’s condition, Dispatch was asked to activate 9-1-1. North Adams Ambulance arrived and transported the student to BMC North.
10:45 p.m. Horn Hall: An officer arrived to check a registered event in the kitchen area. They did not find anyone in the kitchen area. However, there was loud music coming from the north end of the building and a strong odor of alcohol in the central lobby area.
11:03 p.m. Fayerweather: Officers responded to a report of a broken window. Campus custodians were called to clean up the glass. On-call architectural trades were called in to board up the window.
12:01 a.m. Gladden: Officers arrived at the fourth floor to respond to a noise complaint. Officers found eight students talking and listening to loud music. They were advised of the noise complaint and told to turn the music down.
12:50 a.m. Rice House: Officers responded to a report of a student outside the building on the ground. Two North Adams Ambulances were dispatched after two students were located inside on the second floor passed out. There was a dance party going on. North Adams Ambulance arrived and began to evaluate the students. One student was transported to BMC North.
12:54 a.m. Paresky: An officer responded to Lee Snack Bar for a report of a student causing a disturbance.
1:48 a.m. Agard: Officers responded to two tip line submissions stating that there was a party in the building’s basement. They found 18 students playing beer pong and listening to loud music. They were advised of the noise complaints. The students were cooperative and complied with no issues.
2:14 a.m. Garfield: Officers responded to a report of a student having an allergic reaction. The student was transported to BMC North by North Adams Ambulance.
2:38 a.m. Morgan: Officers responded to the second floor on a report that a student had woken up in the middle of the night, sweating and having difficulty breathing. Dispatch activated 9-1-1. The student was had abdominal pain and shortness of breath. North Adams Ambulance arrived and transported the student to BMC North.
11:20 a.m. Dodd: While there for another matter, an officer was approached by a student about an odor of marijuana on the second floor. The officer followed the odor to a room, where the resident admitted to smoking inside the building and received a $250 fine.