Athletes of the Week: Natasha Albaneze and Kyle Scadlock

Natasha Albeneze ’18
Women’s soccer
Northport, N.Y.

“It was wonderful to see Tash playing some of the most inspired and confident soccer of her Williams career in the last few weeks of her senior year. It propelled the team to its most creative and exciting performances of the fall. What a way to end your soccer career – scoring a game-winning goal in the national championship game. I’m so happy for her and the team.”

-Head coach Michelyne Pinard

Albaneze scored the game-winning goal in Saturday’s 1-0 win in the NCAA title game. She tied a school record with six goals in the tournament, earning Most Outstanding Offensive Player honors. A Third Team All-American, she finished the season with 10 goals and 10 assists.

Kyle Scadlock ’19
Men’s basketball
Twinsburg, Ohio

“Our team has gotten off to a great start, and Kyle is a major reason why. He has the ability to affect the game in a variety of ways and has played with enthusiasm and confidence. Kyle’s, as well as the team’s, performances have been a reflection of the hard work put in during the offseason. We’re looking forward to continuing to improve and finishing out the semester strong.”

Head coach Kevin App

Scadlock notched his fourth double-double of the season in Saturday’s 72-65 loss to Wesleyan, recording 15 points and 10 rebounds. The forward is averaging a NESCAC-leading 20.7 points per game through six games on 52.4 percent shooting, and his 9.5 rebounds per game are third in the conference.