Athletes of the Fall

Victoria Kingham ’18

Women’s cross country

New York, N.Y.

Kingham, a tri-captain, was the first Eph finisher in all but one of her races this fall. At the Purple Valley Classic on Sept. 23, she placed fifth overall in the 6k with a time of 22:22. She came in 40th at the Paul Short Invitational on Sept. 29 in a competitive race with many Div. I runners. She helped the women win Little Threes on Oct. 14 with a second-place performance of 18:23 in the 5k. Kingham also came second at NESCACs as the women won their third consecutive NESCAC title. She made the All-NESCAC First Team with a 21:53 finish in the 6k. The all-conference honor was Kingham’s fourth as she had made the First Team in 2015 and the Second Team in 2014 and 2016. On Nov. 11, she placed sixth at Regionals, leading the Ephs to a third-place finish. She came 24th at Nationals in the 6k with a 21:21, earning All-America recognition for the second year in a row.

Bobby Maimaron ’21

Football

Duxbury, Mass.

The first-year quarterback led the Ephs to a 6–3 record after they went 0–8 last season. He completed 57.7 percent of his passing attempts for 1800 yards and 12 touchdowns. He led the team with 402 rushing yards and scored a team-high seven rushing touchdowns. On Oct. 14, Maimaron orchestrated a fourth-quarter comeback to lead the men past previously-undefeated Middlebury 27-26. He passed for 195 yards and two touchdowns, including the winning score on the final play of the game, adding 93 yards and another touchdown on the ground. In the 31-24 victory over Amherst at Homecoming, he ran for four touchdowns, including the game-winner in overtime, and passed for 183 yards. Maimaron was named NESCAC Rookie of the Year, made All-NESCAC Second Team and received the Charles Dewoody Salmon ’52 Award.

Alex Bennett ’18

Field hockey

Rye, N.Y.

This season, Bennett, a co-captain forward, recorded a team-high 43 total points, placing her second in the NESCAC. With 86 career points, she ranks seventh all-time in school history. This fall, Bennett started all 17 games, posted 11 assists and scored 16 goals, including three game-winners. She also took 163 shots and placed 96 on frame, accumulating five multiple-goal games. She scored twice in the season opener on Sept. 9 as the women edged Trinity 3-2. On Sept. 30, she again notched two goals in the 3-1 win over Connecticut College. Bennett recorded a hat trick in the 4-2 NESCAC quarterfinal victory over Amherst on Oct. 28 then scored twice in the 3-2 overtime loss to Trinity in the semifinals. She earned All-New England West Honors and was named to the All-NESCAC First Team.

Danielle Sim ’18

Women’s soccer

Bel Air, Md.

A First Team All-American defender, Sim captained a team that allowed just 0.328 goals per game, a mark that was seventh in Div. III, during its national title-winning season. On Nov. 9, she became the first defender ever to be named NESCAC Player of the Year. With Sim anchoring the back line, the women recorded 18 shutouts in 24 games and held all six of their opponents scoreless in the NCAA tournament. Sim was named to the All-Tournament Team. “Dani evolved to be one of the best, if not the best, center backs in the country,” head coach Michelyne Pinard said. “She had to handle some incredible attackers throughout the fall and did it with such grace. The combination of her athleticism, speed, competitive fire, discipline and tactical awareness allowed us to play in a way that pushed the limits. She is incredible, and we will miss her very much.”