Spring Street Blues

Tuesday 10-24-17

8:57 a.m. Health Center: Staff called to report that they had received a call from a student who stated that she was having an allergic reaction. Officers responded to the dorm. Village Ambulance also responded. The student said that she felt fine but had just experienced some discomfort after consuming a granola bar that contained cashews, which she is allergic to. Village Ambulance transported her to Berkshire Health North.

Wednesday 10-25-17

2:10 p.m. Williams Hall: Officers responded for a transport to the Health Center. The student was complaining of severe abdominal pain, vomiting, fever and weakness. Upon arrival, officers requested that 911 be contacted for Village Ambulance. Village Ambulance transported the student to Southwestern Vermont Medical Center in Bennington, Vt.

7:46 p.m Lasell Gym: Officers responded to a report of a student with an injury to his foot. Officers bandaged and applied an ice pack to his foot and transported the student to Berkshire Health North.

8:22 p.m. Faculty House: Officers responded to a report of a motor vehicle accident in the parking lot and also contacted The Williamstown Police Department (WPD) to respond. There were two vehicles involved in the accident, and WPD took an accident report.

4:05 p.m. Denison Park Drive: Officers responded to a report that a light pole had been damaged. A contractor on site remained at the location and provided necessary information.  Electrical trades responded and disconnected the wires at the base of the light. They placed a work order to repair the light.

8:05 p.m. Sage: Officers responded to a fire alarm. The panel indicated a third floor room. There was no smoke, candles or burned popcorn. There was a citrus smell in the air, probably from hairspray. Officers reset and cleared the panel.

Thursday 10-26-17

8:38 a.m. Paresky Center lawn: Campus Safety and Security (CSS) received a call from a College administrator that there was a woman handing out some sort of booklet around Chapin Drive and Paresky lawn. Officers arrived and the woman had left the area. They obtained a copy of the booklet in question.

9:17 a.m. Sawyer Library: Access Services staff notified CSS that there was a woman in the library reference area who may be banned from the library or campus. The woman left just prior to the officer’s arrival, via a car that was parked in the Congregational Church parking lot.

12:55 p.m. ’62 Center for Theatre and Dance: Facilities reported a motor vehicle accident near the front entrance. CSS contacted the WPD to respond.

10:41 p.m. Bernhard Music Center: Officers responded to a report that the elevator was not functioning properly. The custodian advised that the elevator was not moving from the first floor and the doors continued to open and close repeatedly. The on-campus electrician responded and was also unsuccessful in returning the elevator to normal operation. The electrician powered down the elevator and contacted Baystate Elevator in the morning. The officers posted out of order signs.

Friday 10-27-17

2:29 a.m. Hopkins Hall: A WPD officer advised CSS that he had arrested two Williamstown residents and charged them with stealing bicycles from the College. Two young males were in custody. They were arrested while in possession of two bikes that were not theirs. When confronted, they both admitted that they had stolen the bikes from the Paresky area and had taken other bikes before.

2:54 a.m. Prospect: Officers responded to a welfare check request. Officers contacted the on-call counselor, who had a conversation with the student. 

4:37 p.m. Science Quad: The athletic gym monitor reported that there were three young boys with skateboards walking towards Jesup Hall.

10:02 p.m. Health Center: A student reported that, the previous afternoon, she had missed a step on the east side of Paresky when she tripped and hurt her ankle. The Health Center requested a transport to the hospital.

11:03 p.m. Chadbourne: Officers responded to an emergency phone activation and found no one in the area.

Saturday 10-28-17

1:52 a.m. Gladden: Officers responded to a call for an intoxicated and vomiting student.  Village Ambulance EMTs also responded. Her vitals were normal and she signed a refusal form.

7:57 a.m. Morley Science Labs: A student reported water on the floor in Room 022C MSL Animal Wing. Officers walked through the Animal Wing and found a leak coming from the ceiling outside of room 048, south end of the Animal Wing. They contacted mechanical trades regarding the leak.

8:36 p.m. Dodd: Officers responded to a noise complaint called in by a student reporting that loud music was coming from somewhere outside the building. Upon arrival, there was no loud music being played anywhere in the Dodd area.

11:33p.m. Fitch: Officers responded to a noise complaint. Upon arrival, officers found loud music coming from the first floor common room. They found students about to use a bong, as well as a 30 pack of beer, with no hard alcohol present. The students involved were cooperative.

11:10 p.m. Lambert: Officers responded to the outside of the house for an intoxicated student.Village Ambulance and WPD responded as well. Village Ambulance transported the student to Berkshire Health North.

Sunday 10-29-17

1:51 a.m. Hunt Tennis Center: Officers responded to the tennis courts to conduct a wellness check on a report of an unknown female. Officers found a non-student sitting on the benches and she appeared to be upset. She was a visiting relative of a student who went outside to make a phone call and the phone call was upsetting. She said she would be fine and would go inside to Mission.

1:27 p.m. Prospect: Officers responded to a tip line submission of two students smoking under the awning too close to the building.

2:07 p.m. Mission Park Dining: Officers responded to a report of a leaking skylight. They contacted the on-call architectural tradesperson to respond.

2:27 p.m. West College: CSS received a report of water on the floor in the basement laundry room. The officer found water coming in through the floor in the corner of the laundry area. The officer contacted Facilities and environmental safety and compliance to address the situation.

3:24 p.m. Hopkins Hall: A student came to the CSS office to report a missing phone. Officers took a stolen article report and forwarded it to the WPD.

4:06 p.m. Paresky Center: An officer responded for a water leak coming through to the second floor from the roof.

7:12 p.m. Poker Flats: Officers responded to a report of a water leak in the B-entry basement.

10:57 p.m. Hopkins Hall: Dispatch received a call from a student who was slurring his words and incoherent. The dispatcher was able to ascertain the location of the caller, and dispatched officers to that location for a welfare check. Officers activated 911 and Village Ambulance responded.