Athletes of the Week: Alex Bennett and Mark Sisco-Tolomeo

Alex Bennett ’18
Field hockey
Rye, N.Y.

“Bennett is a stud! She is not only an offensive powerhouse but also an incredibly stellar defender, something most people do not recognize.  Her performance versus Amherst was exceptional, and her success could not have happened to a more deserving person.”

-Head coach Alix Barrale ’93

A co-captain forward, Bennett scored a hat trick in field hockey’s 4-2 first-round win over Amherst on Saturday. In addition, she assisted on a goal scored by Meredith Wright ’19 at 19:53, as the women secured a spot in the semifinals of the NESCAC tournament. Bennett and Libby Dolan ’19 are tied for second in the conference with 39 points this season.

Mark Sisco-Tolomeo ’18
Men’s soccer
Franklin Lakes, N.J.

“Mark has produced a tremendous career in purple and gold. He is a tireless worker and opportunistic finisher, always among the most difficult matchups in our league. Beyond the numbers, Mark is a fierce competitor and a compelling personality, and he has a virtually unparalleled passion for the game.”

Head coach Mark Raymond

Sisco-Tolomeo scored his team-leading fourth goal in the 78th minute of Saturday’s NESCAC quarterfinal game. His equalizer sent the contest into overtime tied 1-1, although the Ephs eventually lost to the Polar Bears on penalty kicks. The forward has notched 19 goals and nine game-winning goals in his career.