Athletes of the Week: Evan Gancedo and Kyle Horihan

Evan Gancedo ’18
Women’s soccer
Pasadena, Calif.

Evan is the engine in the middle of the field that makes our team go. Unfortunately, much of what she does goes unnoticed to the casual eye because she doesn’t always show up in the box score, but her contributions are invaluable to our team’s success. As a leader, her belief that we, as a team, have the ability to continue to strive toward a better level of play each and every game is inspiring to teammates and coaches alike.

-Head coach Michelyne Pinard

A tri-captain midfielder, Gancedo turned in a characteristically stellar performance on Senior Day. In the 62nd minute of the 3-0 win over Tufts, she volleyed a shot into the net for her fourth goal of the season. As the primary distributor of the ball, Gancedo has been crucial to the Ephs’ game plan this year, allowing the team to keep possession and capitalize on open space.

Kyle Horihan ’20
Football
Pennington, N.J.

Kyle did a great job for us on Saturday. He is a selfless player who is willing to take on any role and will do anything to help the team. Kyle is someone that we can count on to be ready to play at any time.  Over the course of the season, he has worked very hard to improve his football acumen. He constantly studies film to continue to grow as a player. A very versatile athlete, he has a tireless work ethic.”

Head coach Mark Raymond

Horihan, a linebacker and wide receiver, recorded his first touchdown catch of the season in a 21-13 loss to Tufts on Saturday. He also led the Eph defense with 11 tackles, including two tackles for a loss, and made a critical fourth-quarter interception. The sophomore has 23 tackles this year and one sack for eight yards.