Spring Street Blues

Monday 2-13-17

5:19 p.m. Danforth Apartments: An officer responded to assist an appliance service technician who had attempted to enter the apartment but encountered an unfriendly dog. The officer felt it was definitely too risky to attempt to go inside.

Thursday 2-16-17

11:15 p.m. Dodd House: A student approached officers working an event to report that her friend was having an asthma attack on the other side of the building because someone was smoking marijuana in the building. Officers checked on the student and provided assistance. They detected a marijuana odor but could not locate the source.

11:53 p.m. Wood House: Officers responded to a noise complaint. Officers found the noise was coming from the basement lounge, where approximately 15 students were dancing to music.

Friday 2-17-17

2:56 a.m. Garfield House: Officers met with a student who had asked for a welfare check on another student because of several alarming text messages from that student.

Saturday 2-18-17

11:44 p.m. Paresky Center: Officers activated 911 for an intoxicated student. While Village Ambulance was responding, students alerted officers to another student in need of assistance. Village Ambulance transported both to Berkshire Health North. 

11:50 p.m. Agard House: Officers activated 911 for an intoxicated male student who was vomiting in the first floor bathroom. EMTs transported him to Berkshire Health North.

Sunday 2-19-17

12:23 a.m. Dodd House: A dining staff member requested an officer to check on an injured student who was bleeding significantly from his right thumb. Non-Emergency Medial Transport took the student to the emergency room.   

12:32 a.m. Paresky Center: Officers activated 911 for an intoxicated student. Village Ambulance responded. 

12:56 a.m. Gladden House: Officers responded to a noise complaint submitted through the tip line. They found three students eating snacks in the common room and having a quiet conversation.

10:30 a.m. Linear Park: Officers received a request to assist and transport a student from the area of Linear Park to the Health Center. As the Health Center was not yet open, the officers activated 911. Village Ambulance transported the student to Berkshire Medical Center in Pittsfield.