Spring Street Blues

October 19, 2016 by Ryan Kelley, News Editor and Neena Patel, News Editor

Monday 10-10-16

8:45 a.m. Sawyer Library: Officers responded to a report of a woman screaming in the area outside the library. The person was described as screaming to herself and looking very distraught. Officers searched the area but found nobody matching the description. At 8:48 a.m., dispatch  received another call of someone in Thompson Chapel shrieking. The Williamstown Police Department (WPD) was contacted to respond to the chapel as well.

8:59 a.m. Hopkins Hall: The fire alarm was activated. There was no apparent cause for the alarm but the system would not reset. The on-call electrician was called and responded.

3:00 p.m. Thompson Chapel: Officers responded to the basement for a report of a person inside the chapel, who earlier had created a disturbance by yelling and screaming. The woman was identified and told not to return.

3:43 p.m. Thompson Chapel: Student reported finding a broken window in the Muslim prayer room. The on-call custodian was contacted to respond to clean up the glass. Photos of the damage were taken.

Tuesday 10-11-16

12:45 p.m. Chadbourne House: Officers responded to a fire alarm. The cooktop was very dirty and had caused the detector to be activated. Windows were opened to ventilate the room. The system was reset.

Friday 10-14-16

1:46 p.m. Susie Hopkins House: An officer responded to a request of the Safety and Environmental Compliance staff who were on site. They pointed out a fire pit that was stored on the back porch of Susie Hopkins. Additionally, in the backyard there was a green hammock attached to two trees. The hammock was taken down and confiscated. The fire pit was confiscated also. 

Saturday 10-15-16

12:15 a.m. Paresky Center: Dispatch received a report of an intoxicated student projectile vomiting in the first floor restroom. Officers were dispatched and 911 was activated for Village Ambulance to respond. The student was transported to the emergency room by Village Ambulance.

1:59 a.m. Greylock Quad: Officers responded to a report from students on the fourth floor of Carter that an alum had passed through and looked intoxicated and may need assistance. A description was taken and the officer began a sweep of the area.

6:06 p.m. Chandler Pool: Dispatch received a call from a student reporting that there might be smoke coming from the generator near the pool ramp. This generator is diesel and emits a smoky looking exhaust. An officer quickly arrived and verified the generator was running with no issues.

Sunday 10-16-16

5:55 p.m. Mission Park: Dispatch received a call from a student reporting that she had just been followed by a person in a vehicle while walking alone down Mission Park Drive on her way to Mission. The male asked her some questions that made her feel uncomfortable. The student continued walking and went inside Dennett. The WPD was notified and responded to the area as well.