Athlete of the Week

Brian Grodecki ’18

Men’s tennis

Wayne, Pa.

“Brian is an amazing competitor. Even as he battled injuries and had to move up to the #2 spot when Rohan [Shastri ’17] got injured, he managed to push every match to the brink and pull off some big upsets. The future is bright for him and the team!”

– Dan Greenberg ’08  Head Coach

Grodecki suffered a close defeat to the top Amherst doubles team with partner co-captain Alvin Schidlovsky ’16 by a score of 8-4 in the opening round of the NESCAC tournament. Just as momentum swung towards Amherst, Grodecki levelled the overall score to 2-2 when he trounced his singles opponent 6-2, 6-0. Throughout this season, Grodecki has proved strong in his doubles and singles play.

Lacey Serletti ’16

Women’s track and field

Wynnewood, Pa.

“Lacey ran a great race at the Div. III New Englands meet this weekend. The entire team and coaching staff are proud of her. She brings great effort and a great attitude to practice each and every day.”

– Nate Hoey

Head Coach

Serletti won the steeplechase event at the Div. III New England Championship meet with a season-best time of 10:59.98 after placing second in the Ephs’ home meet with a time of 11:05.00. Serletti was one of only two Eph event winners at the meet. Last weekend, Serletti was one of 11 Ephs on the women’s team to earn all-NESCAC honors and one of two to earn it for the 5k for her third-place 17:25.28 finish.