Athlete of the Week

May 11, 2016 by Skylar Smith, Sports Editor

Brian Grodecki ’18

Men’s tennis

Wayne, Pa.

“Brian is an amazing competitor. Even as he battled injuries and had to move up to the #2 spot when Rohan [Shastri ’17] got injured, he managed to push every match to the brink and pull off some big upsets. The future is bright for him and the team!”

– Dan Greenberg ’08  Head Coach

Grodecki suffered a close defeat to the top Amherst doubles team with partner co-captain Alvin Schidlovsky ’16 by a score of 8-4 in the opening round of the NESCAC tournament. Just as momentum swung towards Amherst, Grodecki levelled the overall score to 2-2 when he trounced his singles opponent 6-2, 6-0. Throughout this season, Grodecki has proved strong in his doubles and singles play.

Lacey Serletti ’16

Women’s track and field

Wynnewood, Pa.

“Lacey ran a great race at the Div. III New Englands meet this weekend. The entire team and coaching staff are proud of her. She brings great effort and a great attitude to practice each and every day.”

– Nate Hoey

Head Coach

Serletti won the steeplechase event at the Div. III New England Championship meet with a season-best time of 10:59.98 after placing second in the Ephs’ home meet with a time of 11:05.00. Serletti was one of only two Eph event winners at the meet. Last weekend, Serletti was one of 11 Ephs on the women’s team to earn all-NESCAC honors and one of two to earn it for the 5k for her third-place 17:25.28 finish.