Spring Street Blues

April 20, 2016 by Neena Patel, News Editor and Ryan Kelley, News Editor

Monday 4-11-16

2:51 p.m. Faculty Club: Catering staff called Campus Safety and Security (CSS) to report that a vehicle was driving very recklessly on Park Street. The vehicle was identified and the owner contacted. Officers recorded statement’s from both parties.

6:50 p.m. Mission South entrance: Officers responded to an emergency phone activation. They found no one in the area in need of assistance.

11:49 p.m. Prospect House: Officers responded to a complaint of cigarette smoke. Upon arrival, the scent had dissipated and was very faint. There were a number of windows open throughout the exterior of the building.

Tuesday 4-12-16

11:00 a.m. First Congregational Church: Staff from the First Congregational Church called CSS and explained that the church was having a meeting and that the parking lot was full. They requested that vehicles without permission to park in the lot be ticketed and violators asked to moved.

11:50 a.m. Lawrence Hall Drive: Officers responded to Lawrence Hall Drive between the Williams College Museum of Art and East College for a report of a suspicious and unattended box. Officers Googled the writing on the outside of the box and identified it as that of a tea company. Dining Services had a function at the museum and had recently left. Officers opened the box and found tea bags inside. The box of tea was returned to Driscoll Dining.

Thursday 4-14-16

2:44 p.m. CSS Office: A student came into the CSS office to report that a bike had been stolen from the Williams Hall basement bike storage sometime after March 9.

9:25 p.m. Williams Hall: The Williamstown Police Department (WPD) was dispatched for marijuana found in open view. WPD issued citations to two students.

9:40 p.m. Williams Hall: WPD was dispatched for marijuana paraphernalia. Officers found a glass pipe and small bong in open view on a desk. The WPD officer issued a citation. 

Friday 4-15-16

1:13 a.m. Prospect House: Officers responded to a noise complaint. Officers spoke with students operating the radio station. They were informed of the complaint and turned the music down to a lower level.

Saturday 4-16-16

12:01 a.m. Fitch House: CSS received a noise complaint. A group was singing team songs. They were cooperative and responded that they would keep it down.

12:40 a.m. Doughty House: Officers found evidence of a party and beer pong. One resident took responsibility and said she would clean up the mess left in the kitchen.

7:00 p.m. Weston Field Gargoyle Gate: Officers responded to a report that a woman had fallen on the side walk across from the coffee shop and was injured. Officers found a woman lying face down on the sidewalk near the intersection of Spring Street and Walden Street next to the town’s recycling containers; she was already being tended to by others who were walking by, and they had also already called for an ambulance. Village Ambulance arrived and transported the woman to Berkshire Medical Center (BMC) North.