Spring Street Blues

February 10, 2016 by Ryan Kelley, News Editor and Neena Patel, News Editor

Saturday 1-30-16

1:48 p.m. Fitch House: Campus Safety and Security (CSS) Officers responded to Fitch to transport a student to the Health Center.  Student  was descending the stairs to the basement area and turned his left ankle on the last step.

Sunday 1-31-16

12:16 a.m. Agard House: CSS officers responded to reports of marijuana smells in the living room, kitchen, front hallway and basement lounge. The Williamstown Police Department (WPD) responded and collected evidence. Fines of $250 are pending for the students who smoked in the building.

5:45 a.m. Carter House: Officers responded to Carter for a report of a student throwing up blood. The student had been feeling nauseous all evening and had vomited a few times prior to the vomit containing blood. The student told CSS that he had utilized the physician on-call service through the Health Center, was told to call 911 and was eventually transported to Berkshire Medical Center (BMC) North Campus in North Adams.

12:10 p.m. Gladden House: Officers responded to Gladden for a student who had become dizzy and struck his nose as he fell to the floor, causing it to bleed heavily. The student was transported to BMC North by Village Ambulance.

2:05 p.m. Mission Park: Officers responded to a fire alarm at Mission Park. The cause of the activation was steam from a hair straightener. 

5:06 p.m. Williams Hall: Officers were dispatched to Williams Hall regarding a report that a student had vomited in his room. The on-call custodian was notified.

10:37 p.m. Armstrong Hall: Officers responded to an Armstrong common area to check on a stu-dent that had fallen after fainting. The student was unsteady on her feet and wanted to be evaluated. The officer transported the student to BMC North. 

Monday 2-1-16

12:46 a.m. Hardy House: Officers responded to Hardy House for a report of a student feeling ill with dizziness and blurred vision. CSS called 911 and the student was evaluated by Village Ambulance but ultimately not transported.

5:50 a.m. Dennett Hall: Officers responded to Dennett to meet with WPD officers. They received a call from a resident regarding suspicious noises in the hallway.

7:44 a.m. Bronfman Science Center: Officers responded to Bronfman for a 911 activation. A staff member had become dizzy and slumped to the floor. Ambulance personnel conducted an evaluation. The staff member declined transportation.

3:06 p.m. Williams College Museum of Art: An officer was dispatched to Williams College Museum of Art for a report of an injured contractor. CSS used basic first aid and resolved the problem.

3:35 p.m. Prospect House: A student reported that her food was stolen from a Prospect common room while she was unpacking items in her room. She filled out a report.

Tuesday 2-2-16

3:00 p.m. Thompson Chapel: An Officer happened upon a minor accident at the exit of the Chapel lot. The drivers had already contacted WPD and were awaiting their arrival.

Thursday 2-4-16

12:54 a.m. The Log: Officers responded to an intrusion alarm at the Log with WPD officers.  The initial alarm was from southwest patio doors where two sets of wet footprints were found. The building was found unoccupied. WPD is investigating the incident as a case of breaking and entering.

Friday 2-5-16

7:10 a.m. Office of Environmental Health and Compliance: A fire safety inspector called dispatch and reported that a capped hypodermic needle was found in the second floor bathroom trash. Officers put the needle in the sharps container for transport to the Health Center.

4:15 p.m. Thompson Chapel: An officer responded to the northwest entrance of Thompson Chapel regarding a report of a bat. The bat was located, removed and released with no harm to the animal.

3:53 p.m. Gladden House: The Mechanical Trades Technician called to tell CSS they would be in Gladden House restoring the heat.

Saturday 2-6-16

3:06 a.m. Williams Hall: Officers responded to Williams Hall for a noise complaint. Loud music and voices could be heard coming from a room. Peace was restored.

10:58 a.m. Schow Science Library: Officers responded to a Schow door. As they entered the door, dispatch received a force alarm, and when it was opened again it caused another force. CSS placed a work-order to have the door checked.

12:00 p.m. Dispatch performed the monthly all-campus siren test.  The north side was loud and clear.

3:15 p.m. Lasell Gym: Officers responded to Lasell Gym for a report that a student had suffered a head and neck injury during a wrestling match. The visiting student lost consciousness for a short time but had retained feeling in all his extremities. The student was back-boarded and transported to BMC North.

4:36 p.m. Williams Hall: Officers responded to a report of a flood of water on the floor in the Williams Hall basement laundry room. They found a very small trail of water on the floor that was coming from the back of washing machine No. 3.

4:54 p.m. Lasell Gym: Officers responded to a report of a squirrel in the front entry way of Lasell Gym.

10:45 p.m. Agard House: Officers found an unregistered party at Agard. Officers found approximately 120 students in the basement. Responsible individuals were identified and referred to the Dean’s Office.

Sunday 2-7-16

2:54 a.m. Armstrong Hall: Officers responded to Armstrong for a report of an intoxicated male student in need of assistance. The student appeared to have vomited on himself. The student told CSS that he had consumed a large amount of alcohol that evening, was not feeling well and would like to go the hospital. Village Ambulance arrived and transported the student to BMC North.