Spring Street Blues

January 27, 2016 by Francesca Paris, Production Assistant

Monday 1-18-16

2:46 p.m. Towne Field House: Campus Safety and Security (CSS) received a report of high-school-age kids in the field house possibly messing around. Officers found only Williams students and a few adults in the field house. No further action was taken.

10:28 p.m. Wood House: CSS received a noise complaint. Upon arrival, officers heard music from outside the building. Before CSS entered, the music was turned off. Officers spoke to the students about the noise complaint.

Tuesday 1-19-16

1:50 p.m. Dennett: Officers were dispatched to document and take pictures of smoking and drinking activities. There was evidence of a high volume of alcohol consumed, and there appeared to be burn holes in the couch and chair in the common room. 

2:03 p.m. Bronfman: CSS called for a medical transport to the Health Center for a student who had been working in the Bronfman Machine Room and had become light-headed and weak.

Wednesday 1-20-16

8:57 a.m. Thompson Chemistry Lab: Officers were dispatched to a 911 call in Wege Auditorum. A student reported another student lying on the floor, in the hallway outside of the room. The student was conscious, disoriented, confused and had a large bump near the right eye. EMTs ap-plied a neck brace as a precaution for a head injury. The student was then transported by Village Ambulance to BMC in Pittsfield. 

11:51 a.m. Lab Campus Drive: A student requested transport from Lab Campus Drive to Tyler Annex. The student came to the cruiser wrapped in a large fire blanket. CSS filed a report and started an investigation into an accident during a glass blowing class in a Morley Science Lab.

Thursday 1-21-16

9:20 a.m. Hopkins Hall: A student reported a bicycle, which was not registered and had an unknown serial number, missing after it was left unsecured on Jan. 19 in the southeast bicycle rack outside Paresky. CSS filed a stolen article report and faxed it to WPD.

11:24 a.m. Dennett: CSS filed a report that a pipe used from smoking marijuana was found on the floor. An officer located the pipe and per procedure contacted the Williamstown Police Department (WPD). A WPD officer responded and took possession of the pipe. 

Friday 1-22-16

1:40 p.m. Hopkins Hall: An officer took a statement from a student concerning a bike missing from the railing on the northeast side of the Towne Field House. The student filled out a Stolen Article Report and faxed a copy to WPD.

Saturday 1-23-16   

2:16 a.m. Sage Hall: CSS received a noise complaint. Prior to the officer’s arrival, the complainant called back and informed CSS that the unidentified individuals were leaving and the noise had stopped. Officers arrived and confirmed that all was quiet at the time. No further action was necessary.

5:20 p.m. Sage Hall: An officer responded to Sage regarding a report of a student having an asthma attack. 911 was activated. The student was having trouble breathing because someone was smoking marijuana nearby. A WPD Officer arrived and gave the student oxygen while waiting for Village Ambulance to arrive. 

6:00 p.m. Sage Hall: Officers returned to Sage Hall to go through the building to determine a specific location or cause of a possible odor of marijuana that may have had an impact on a student being transported to the hospital.

6:10 p.m. Mills/Dennett: Officers were dispatched to Mills/Dennett first floor for a report of the odor of marijuana.

Sunday 1-24-16

12:33 a.m. Garfield and Doughty: Officers were informed that large groups of students were saying that they were going to parties at Garfield or Doughty houses. Officers who went to Garfield House found the living room in disarray. Furniture was flipped over and the area was littered with beer cans. The floors and furniture were soaked with beer. They counted seven empty 30-packs and an empty 1.75 liter bottle of vodka. No students were present. Photos were taken for documentation. Officers who responded to Doughty House found a party, but in compliance with small gatherings and no alcohol violations.

4:08 a.m. Morgan: CSS called 911 concerning a report of a student passed out. The student was not a resident of Morgan Hall, had fallen asleep on the hallway floor, had an odor of alcohol and was very incoherent, unable to answer basic questions. The student was transported to BMC North by Village Ambulance Service.     

11:52 a.m. Armstrong: An officer responded to a medical emergency. WPD called CSS Dispatch and Village Ambulance to the third floor of Armstrong for someone ill. CSS found a student curled up and rocking back and forth on the floor, complaining of severe abdominal pain. The student was transported to BMC North by Village Ambulance.