Athlete of the Week: 11.18.15

November 18, 2015 by Jack Greenberg, Sports Editor and Haley Mahar, Sports Editor

Bijan Mazaheri ’16

Bijan Mazaheri ’16
Men’s cross country (Wellesley, Mass.)

“Crystal is one of the most exciting and dynamic attacking players you’ll ever see a this level. She is creative on and off the ball and is a joy to coach because of the passion with which she plays and competes.”

– Pete Farwell ’73, Head Coach

Mazaheri’s dominance on the running trails continued last weekend with his second-place finish at the NCAA Div. III New England Regional Championships. Mazaheri recently notched his fourth consecutive year on the All-NESCAC First Team, following a second place finish at the NESCAC Championship Race. Other accolades include second place in the Little Three Championship Race and also taking seventh place at the Paul Short Invitational, a Div. I to Div. III race with over 5000 athletes competing.

Crystal Lewin ’16

Crystal Lewin ’16

Women’s soccer (Irvine, Calif.)

“Bijan has been our leader in every meet that he’s run this year, whether healthy, ill or fatigued. He also is out front in each workout and has been an incredible example of outstanding training for all members of our team. ”

– Micheleyne Pinard, Head Coach

Lewin’s performance in the Round of 64 and Round of 32 of the NCAA Div. III Tournament last weekend powered her team to two successive victories against Westfield State and The College of New Jersey. Lewin’s goal on Saturday and her goal on Sunday were critical to Williams’ success, contributing to two 3-0 victories. Lewin had four goals over the course of the regular season along with four assists, bringing her to 12 points total. She is a stalwart midfielder for the Ephs and has played in all 20 contests so far this season.