Spring Street Blues 11-2-15

November 11, 2015 by Michael Green, News Editor

Monday 11-2-15

7:25 p.m. Driscoll Dining Hall: Campus Safety and Security (CSS) received a report that a student was not feeling well. The dining manager informed officers that a student had passed out and fallen in the dining hall. The student was alert and conscious and reported she did not have any injuries and did not hit her head. CSS transported the student to the Health Center.

Wednesday 11-4-15

12:40 a.m. Faculty Club: A contractor working on campus cut his right index finger while replacing the metal exhaust fan filter at the Faculty Club. Officers assisted until Village Ambulance arrived. Village Ambulance transported the contractor to Berkshire Medical Center (BMC) North for treatment. Custodians were dispatched to the Faculty Club kitchen to clean up blood. BMC North released the worker around 3:30 a.m., after he received 11 stitches.

4:00 p.m. Stetson Hall: A staff member reported that there were four high-school-aged males in Stetson, at least one of whom was posted from campus because of a prior incident. Officers identified each of the individuals. The one in question had been posted from campus but had been reinstated. The officers told the library staff that those students are now permitted to be in the library.

Thursday 11-5-15

4:29 a.m. Jesup Hall: Officers responded to a report of a suspicious male. The officers made a sweep of the building and identified a college employee matching the description who had arrived for work a few minutes earlier.

12:20 p.m. Tyler House: CSS received a report that there was a black dog barking in the parking lot. Officers did not find a dog on the property, but observed two dogs, one of which was black, playing on the property on the south side of Tyler.

9:15 p.m. Williams College Museum of Art: A staff member reported there was graffiti on the west stairs. CSS notified Williamstown Police, who responded to take photos.

Friday 11-6-15

8:28 a.m. Hollander Hall: CSS responded to a fire alarm. The cause of the activation was croissants cooking in the convection oven on wax paper. Officers turned off the oven and ventilated the area.  After a few minutes, officers reset the system. Electrical tradesmen responded to raise the metal gate, which lowered because of the fire alarm activation.

Saturday 11-7-15

2:26 a.m. Prospect House: CSS responded to a report of an intoxicated student, whom officers found in the bathroom stall semi-conscious and covered in vomit. CSS activated 911. Village Ambulance transported the student to BMC North. CSS contacted the on-campus custodians, who responded for biohazard cleanup.

1:45 p.m. Lasell Gymnasium: A gym monitor reported he had an issue with three boys who had come into the facility without a recreation pass. Officers identified and spoke with the boys and explained the policy.

Sunday 11-8-15

12:22 a.m. Garfield House: An officer departing Agard House could hear very loud screaming and yelling coming from the direction of Garfield House. Officers responded and found an illegal party taking place. Approximately 75 attendees began to run out the front door of the house toward Main Street. When CSS entered the house, the rest of the group departed, leaving the remnants of the unregistered party. The only students who remained were a few Garfield residents cleaning up the mess that was left behind.

9:00 a.m. Thompson Biology Labs (TBL): A student noticed a puddle of water on the floor outside of TBL 012 and reported that he could hear running water. Officers responded to investigate and found water coming through the ceiling and light fixtures in TBL 012. Officers identified the source as water pouring out from the bottom of an ice-making machine.  The ice in the machine was still frozen. The officers turned off the water supply and notified the on-campus custodian, who responded for clean up. CSS also notified the on-call electrician and mechanical tradesman, who responded. CSS informed several college faculty and staff members whose labs were affected of the incident.