Spring Street Blues 10-26-15 to 11-01-15

November 4, 2015 by Michael Green, News Editor

Monday 10-26-15

12:24 p.m. Hopkins Hall: The Office of Information Technology Media Services Manager reported to Campus Safety and Security (CSS) that someone was trying to remove the College-owned Apple Mac Mini from Bronfman 002. All the cables were removed from the device; however, the device was locked with a Kensington lock.

1:02 p.m. Goodrich Hall Upper Dance Studio: CSS received a report of a bird flying indoors. The bird was no longer visible, but could be heard from behind a wall. CSS asked Facilities personnel to assist as well.

11:15 p.m. Hollander Hall: Officers responded to a medical emergency. A student had fallen on the pavement, striking her head and bloodying her nose near the median that is just north of Hollander Hall. CSS activated 911. A group of students had been playing a variation of a nerf gun war when the student lost her footing and fell. Village Ambulance responded and evaluated the student. The student opted not to have medical transport to the hospital.

Saturday 10-31-15

1:00 a.m. Paresky Center: Officers responded to a report of a bike that was just stolen off the bike rack located on the Paresky west-side lawn. Another student pursued the bike. Officers immediately joined the pursuit in Greylock Quad. Williamstown Police (WPD) also joined in the pursuit. WPD arrived on Chapin Hall Drive next to Williams Hall and observed the individual run down the sidewalk adjacent to Chapin Hall towards Lehman Hall. The individual ignored WPD’s numerous commands to stop.  The individual ran into landscaping rope causing him to fall to the ground.  WPD apprehended the individual and placed the individual under arrest.

Sunday 11-01-15

1:30 a.m. Dodd House: Officers responded to Dodd House for a report of an unwanted guest. Two students reported they were asleep when an unknown individual opened their door and threw something in the room.               

10:30 a.m. Mission Park: Security received a complaint of feces in the shower in a Mills bathroom. The complainant reported that the feces was discovered in the shower and tub area of the restroom at about 3 a.m., but had not been there earlier, at around 1 a.m. CSS contacted the on-campus custodian.