Athletes of the Week: Bijan Mazaheri ’16 and Lacey Serletti ’16

November 4, 2015 by Jack Greenberg, Sports Editor and Haley Mahar, Sports Editor

Bijan Mazaheri ’16

Bijan Mazaheri ’16
Men’s XC (Wellesley, Mass.)

Bijan Mazaheri again put his all into the race, showing he can perform at a high level even when not feeling his best. His training over months of preparation is unparalleled, and sets him up for a great finale to his college cross country career.

– Pete Farwell ’73, Head Coach

Mazaheri’s dominance on the cross country trails continued last weekend, leading the Ephs to a first place finish. Mazaheri battled back and forth with Mohamed Hussein from Amherst before ultimately taking the course in a blazing 24:49, earning him second place. Mazaheri came in first place at the Paul Short Invitational, the top Div. III finisher. Mazaheri’s consistently inspiring performance  will help the Ephs as they continue to seek success in the following weeks. This is Bijan’s third consecutive year of getting First Team All-NESCAC honors.

Lacey Serletti ’16

Tressa Palcheck ’17

Women’s XC (Evanston, Ill.)

“Lacey Serletti glided over the terrain, and made a good move to overtake and pass the leaders, nearly capturing the title. She has put together every piece of what it takes to be a champion; her endurance, speed, and tenacity will carry her forward in the races to come.”

– Pete Farwell ’73, Head Coach