Athlete of the Week: 10/28.15

October 28, 2015 by Jack Greenberg, Sports Editor and Haley Mahar, Sports Editor

Mohammed Rashid ’16

Mohammed Rashid ’16
Men’s soccer (Accra, Ghana)

Rashid has been getting stronger as the season progresses and doing more of the little things off the ball well. He has undeniable attacking talent and when he couples that with a high work-rate, his effectiveness and productivity dramatically increase.

– Erin Sullivan ’96, Head Coach

Rashid has maintained a commendable senior season thus far for the Ephs. The forward is second only to Mark Sisco-Tolomeo ’18 in goals scored this season and also has contributed greatly to the mens’ efforts this season with five assists and 27 total shots. The men’s game against Hamilton last Wednesday was a true display of his athletic might with Rashid scoring two of the Ephs’ four goals, not missing a single shot throughout the course of the match.

Tressa Palcheck ’17

Tressa Palcheck ’17

Women’s soccer (Sohaumberg, Ill.)

“Tressa has had an incredible year!  Her ability to both help organize our defensive scheme and make really spectacular saves is an incredible combination in a goalkeeper.  We’re glad she’s on our team!”

– Micheleyne Pinard, Head Coach

Palcheck’s goal was impenetrable last weekend as the goalkeeper held off several attempts by the members of the Tufts team to reach the back of the net. Palcheck saved all six shots on goal last Saturday, helping the Ephs to their 10th shutout of the season. She has notched an impressive 40 saves over the course of the season, keeping 93 percent of shots on her goal from turning into points on the board. Her leadership on the field is evident in the near 20 hours she logged of play time this season alone.