Athletes of the Week: 10.21.15

October 21, 2015 by Jack Greenberg, Sports Editor and Haley Mahar, Sports Editor

Mark Sisco-Tolomeo ’18

Mark Sisco-Tolomeo ’18
Men’s soccer (Franklin Lake, NJ)

“Mark has been consistently creating chances and putting himself in good areas near the front of goal. As a result, he was able to capitalize on his opportunities this week and benefit from some excellent plays by his teammates. Our attacking unit is starting to gel at the right time of year and Mark will play a huge role in that.”

– Erin Sullivan ’96, Head Coach

Sisco-Tolomeo has been consistently finding the back of the goal. Sisco-Tolomeo scored a crucial goal in double-overtime against Wesleyan two weeks ago, bringing his team the win in the 100th minute of play.  In the contest against Babson, Sisco-Tolomeo led his team, scoring two out of seven goals to help bolster their win. Sisco-Tolomeo currently leads his team with twelve points and 6 goals.

Kristi Kirshe ’17

Kristi Kirshe ’17

Women’s soccer (Franklin, Mass)

What a week for Kirshe and our team! [Kirshe had] several great goal scoring chances set up by her teammates that she finished. We are heading into a really important time of year with two big regular season games left and then playoffs, so it’s great to see her finishing so much in recent weeks.

– Michelyn Pinard, Head Coach

Kirshe has been named the NESCAC Player of the Week after her performances in games against Skidmore and Wesleyan. Kirshe scored both goals in the 2-0 win against Skidmore as well as the lone goal in the 103rd minute of the 1-0 double overtime win against Little Three rival Wesleyan. Kirshe has scored nine goals and had six assists this season, tallying 24 points to take second in points in the NESCAC behind teammate Audrey Thomas ’17 (26 points).