Spring Street Blues 9-28-15

October 7, 2015 by Michael Green, News Editor

Monday 9-28-15

8:40 a.m. Mark Hopkins House: 911 was activated. Officers and Village Ambulance responded.  A student reported falling and could not walk without severe pain.  Village Ambulance transported the student to Berkshire Medical Center (BMC) North.

4:46 p.m. Morgan Hall: Campus Safety and Security (CSS) received a report of a chipmunk inside the basement. The officer was not able to apprehend the chipmunk. CSS placed a work order to have pest control set traps to capture it.

4:56 p.m. Agard House: CSS received a report of a bee nest in a student’s window. The nest was on the outside of the window. CSS noted that the window should stay closed until the next day and submitted a work order for pest control.

10:40 p.m. Milham House: CSS received a report of a bat. Officers checked the room but did not locate the bat.

11:05 p.m. Milham House: CSS received a second call regarding a bat. Officers returned and caught and released the bat.

Wednesday 9-30-15

7:20 a.m. ’62 Center for Theatre and Dance: Officers observed a white truck off the road and on the lawn in front of the ’62 Center.  The truck had two flat tires.  Williamstown Police Department (WPD) was on the scene. The driver of the vehicle was traveling on Main St. when the vehicle in front of him stopped.  To avoid an accident he swerved to the right, driving over the curb and coming to rest on the lawn.   WPD issued a citation for failure to use care and stopping. WPD towed the vehicle and documented lawn damage.

8:26 a.m. Smith Rudnick Building: The Williamstown Fire Department Fire Chief responded to a fire alarm activation, found the cause to be water dripping near the fire panel and contacted on-call electrical tradespeople.

2:00 p.m. Cole Field: CSS received a report that an athletic department staff member had hit the emergency phone off the goal post with a Gator Utility Vehicle. CSS contacted WPD to document the incident. Electricians responded to remount the phone.

Thursday 10-1-15

6:00 a.m. Bronfman Science Center: CSS responded to a temperature alarm in room 256. An  officer found a freezer indicating trouble, but the temperature was holding. The dispatcher notified the emergency contact person for this unit.

 

2:28 p.m. Gladden House:. CSS responded to a smoke detector activation in the basement mechanical room.  The cause was steam.  Mechanical tradespeople responded.

10:08 a.m. Paresky Center: CSS received a report that a Dining Services staff person had chest pain. CSS activated 911. Village Ambulance transported the person to BMC North.

{ 0 comments… add one now }

Leave a Comment