Athletes of the Week: 5/13/15

May 13, 2015 by Haley Mahar, Sports Editor

Lexi Curt

Lexi Curt ’18
Softball (Moorpark, Calif.)

“Lexi had a great weekend. She was able to maintain a steady approach against a variety of pitchers and while battling injuries.”

– Kris Herman, Head Coach

Curt has had a very successful weekend in the NCAA Div. III Regional Tournament. She went seven for seven in the first two games and seven for 13 over the course of the weekend, holding on to an above .500 batting average. Curt had one RBI against MCLA, upping her season RBI total to 39. In her first season as an Eph, playing in 39 of the Eph’s contests this spring. In 128 at bats, she has accumulated 45 hits and 23 runs for Williams.

Bijan Mazaheri

Bijan Mazaheri ’15

Men’s track and field (Wellesley, Mass.)

“Bijan ran a smart race – being patient early to move up through the field, avoiding the wind and sudden pace changes. He has had a remarkable season and is posed for success in the races we have been primarly focusing on all season – the 10k and 5k double at Nationals next week. ”

– Colin Young, Assistant Head Coach

Mazarheri took a decisive victory in the 10000m at the NESCAC Championships several weekends ago, winning the race in 31:07.13. Mazaheri continued to excel this past weekend, taking charge in 5000m. Mazaheri took control at the end of the race, kicking to the finish to take second in a time of 14:21.77. Mazaheri’s performance is his second school record of the outdoor season and third school record of the year. Mazaheri’s performance is likely to garner him a bid to NCAAs.