Athletes of the Spring

May 13, 2015 by Haley Mahar, Sports Editor

Aldis Inde ’15

Aldis Inde ’15
Men’s track (Edina, Minn.)

Co-captain Inde ran to several school records this spring. NESCAC Championships saw Inde spring away from the pack in the last 300 meters of the 1500 meter, winnig in 3:48.32, less than a second off of the school record. Earlier in the season, Inde ran away with the school record in the 5k at Princeton University. He ran the race in 14:22.11, just faster than the record set in 1999 of 14:22.27. Inde looks to continue his season at the Div. III NCAA Championships on May 22 to 24.

Steven Kiesel ’15

Steven Kiesel ’15
Men’s lacrosse (Excelsior, Minn.)

A co-captain of the men’s lacrosse team this spring, Kiesel was an integral component of the Ephs offense. Kiesel led the team in points with 49 points in 15 games, scoring 40 goals and assisting nine. A particular highlight came in the Ephs’ last game of the season, when Kiesel scored seven of the team’s 15 goals against Middlebury. Kiesel was named to the First Team All-NESCAC and was also chosen to be on the New England Intercollegiate Lacrosse Association All-New England Second Team. He ends his Williams career with 77 goals, 39 assists and 116 career points.

Maria Pylypiv ’15

Maria Pylypiv ’15
Women’s tennis (Weatogue, Conn.)

Co-captain Pylypiv has led her team in both singles and doubles this season. The Ephs currently maintain a 22-0 record and are moving on to the Elite Eight of the NCAA Tournament this upcoming weekend. In the second round of the NESCAC tournament, Pylypiv became the fourth Eph to reach 100 singles wins in a career. She joined Kate Troy ’04 (102), Kathleen Elkins ’14 (102) and Kristin Alotta ’12 (109).

Emma Harrington ’15

Emma Harrington ’15
Softball (Columbus, Ohio)

Harrington was a force for Williams softball this past spring, becoming the most winningest pitcher in history with 52 wins. She passed Katherine Baldwin ’03 with her win against Middlebury in the NESCAC Tournament. Harrington ended the season with a record of 15-4, noted by Head Coach Kris Herman as being a “true spark” on the team.