Spring Street Blues 4-20-15 to 4-26-15

Monday 4-20-15

1:41 p.m. Williams Hall: Campus Safety and Security (Security) received a report of a visiting student from Boston University who had passed out in Williams Hall. The visitor was alert and conscious when officers arrived. The student was evaluated by Village Ambulance personnel and transported to Berkshire Medical Center (BMC) North.

5:23 p.m. Chandler: Security received a report of a student injuring herself at volleyball practice. Initially the student could put no pressure on her right leg, but was able to eventually walk on her own. Officers transported her to the trainer’s room at Weston Field.

6:30 p.m. Morgan: Security received a report of mice in the room. A student reported that she has been dealing with mice for a while and had determined where they were coming in from. There were several types of traps set in the room. A work order was placed to have Facilities check the area and seal the hole.

Tuesday 4-21-15

11:18 p.m. Lynde Lane: Officers responded to the Lynde Lane area for a report of one loud scream. WPD also responded. Students were outside walking in the area of Lynde Lane and heard a scream. They did not hear anything after that and had walked around and had not seen anyone in the area. An officer checked Lynde Lane, Thompson/Poker Flats area, Cole Field House area, Cole Field, Park St. and Mission Park Dr.

Wednesday 4-22-15

12:23 a.m. East: Officers responded to East for a complaint of an odor coming from a room. There was a very faint odor of marijuana. Officers spoke to a first floor resident.

4:28 a.m. Carter: A student requested to speak with a female officer. Upon arrival the student told the Officer that she was getting lightheaded. 911 was activated for Village Ambulance and the student was transported to BMC North.

9:44 p.m.  A student came into Security and reported that she ran into a staff vehicle with her bike causing damage to the hood. She asked Security to identify the owner so she could contact the person.

10:30 p.m. Stetson-Sawyer Library: Security received a tip-Line submission that “High school students were wandering Sawyer third floor playing with the bookshelves and making noise.” Officers thoroughly checked each floor multiple times but did not find anyone making excessive noise and no one who was high-school aged.

Thursday 4-23-15

4:30 p.m. Sawyer: Dispatch received a complaint that there were three high-school aged parties causing damage to Screening Room 271 in Stetson-Sawyer. A description of the individuals and current location was given. Three individuals matching the description were apprehended. WPD was contacted and responded. The damage was documented. Similar damage was also noted on the fourth floor.

Friday 4-24-15

7:32 a.m. Sage: 911 was activated for a student who reported a tender shoulder that could be a symptom of a ruptured spleen. Officers responded and found another student collapsed to the floor. This was not the student of the original call, but one who fell and bumped the back of her head on the floor. The student who collapsed was conscious on the floor. Officers notified Dispatch that there were two students who needed medical attention. Village Ambulance E.M.T.’s arrived and both students were transported to BMC North.

8:56 a.m. Mission Park: A fire alarm was activated. A heavy odor of incense in a hallway could be determined by all and a light haze in a particular room. Dispatch activated 911 for Fire Department response. After determination of the cause, the audible was silenced, and the system was cleared and reset.

3:00 p.m. Lasell Gym: An intrusion alarm was activated at the Lasell Gym Tower door. The vibration of music set off the alarm during a sound check for the Spring Fling concert.

11:59 p.m. Carter: Security received a report of two individuals vomiting in the restroom. Officers found two males. One was in the shower lying on his side vomiting on the shower floor. The other male was in the bathroom stall sitting on the floor with his head over the toilet. Both seemed very intoxicated and confused. 911 was activated for Village Ambulance for both males. Both were transported to BMC North.

Saturday 4-25-15

5:50 p.m. Hubbell: A student reported there were wasps in his room.

Sunday 4-26-15

2:28 a.m. Wood: Officers responded to a report of a student stumbling around outside Wood House. Officers checked the area from Hoxsey Street to South Street, the Greylock Quad, as well as parking lots at Garfield, Agard, Wood, Perry and Brooks. Officers found no one matching the description of the person given over the phone.

4:38 p.m. Center for Developmental Economics (CDE): Officers received a tip-line submission of a “creepy Man hitchhiking near CDE.” Officers checked the area, but did not see anyone in the area.

11:10 p.m. East College: Security received a complaint of an odor of marijuana, possibly in a first floor room. A small group was in the kitchen area baking brownies and another small group was watching TV, but there was no odor of marijuana in the room. Down the hallway there was a faint smell of marijuana. Officers could not locate the exact room because the odor was so slight.

11:48 p.m. Fitch House: Officers responded to a noise complaint at Fitch House. The caller advised it was the top floor middle. Officers couldn’t hear any noise when they entered the building. A strong odor of alcohol was present in a room and officers found four empty 30 packs of beer in a small storage area in the same room.