Athlete of the Week: 4/29/15

April 29, 2015 by Jack Greenberg, Sports Editor

Anna Harleen

Anna Harleen ’18

Women’s track (Ross, Calif.)

“Anna had an outstanding race in an exceptional field, which included the NCAA Div. III champion in the mile. She raced well beyond her years, taking control, pushing the pace and finishing with a strong kick. Anna is a tough competitor who has consistently put in great effort with a positive attitude all year. ”

– Nate Hoey, Head Coach

Harleen was a huge contributer to the success of the women’s track and field team at NESCACs last weekend. Running a personal record in the 1500 meter with a time of 4:37.34, Harleen won the event for Williams. Harleen was also a member of the 4×800 relay, which flew to another first place finish with a time of 9:15.23. Harleen’s two first-place finishes garnered critical points for Williams in it’s first-place finish at NESCACs.

Steven Kiesel

Steven Kiesel ’15
Men’s lacrosse (Excelsior, Minn.)

“Steven had a fantastic week against Middlebury. Ten goals, three in one game, seven in the other. He probably played his best all-around game in his final game. He had an outstanding game. He is a great leader and is always leading by example.”

– George McCormack, Head Coach

Kiesel ended his lacrosse career in the purple and gold on a high note last week as the men battled Middlebury. Though the team unfortunately fell to its NESCAC rival, Kiesel put up an incredibly strong fight, earning seven of the mens’ 14 goals in Saturday’s game. Additionally, Kiesel accrued 12 shots and four ground balls in his final game.