Spring Street Blues 4-13-15 to 4-19-15

Monday 4-13-15

12:30 p.m. Hopkins Hall: Campus Safety and Security (Security) received a report that a laptop computer on a table in Mark Hopkins had been vandalized.

3:52 p.m. Sage Hall: The Safety and Environmental Compliance Manager reported a student hanging out of a second floor window. Officers responded and spoke with the student.

5:08 p.m. Lawrence Hall Drive: Dispatch received from the Williamstown Police Department (WPD) a complaint about an odor of gas.

Tuesday 4-14-15

10:59 a.m. Danforth Block: Security responded to a fire alarm caused by steam from a shower.

9:00 p.m. Williams Hall: Security observed marijuana and marijuana paraphernalia. WPD responded, seized the material and wrote citations.

Wednesday 4-15-15

8:33 a.m. Fitch-Prospect lot: Staff member called to report a car alarm going off. The vehicle was not registered with the College. Officers checked the Towne Field House and Facilities building, but did not locate the vehicle’s driver. WPD assisted.

11:34 a.m. Chaffee Tennis House: Security responded to a burglary alarm. A staff member caused the alarm.

Thursday 4-16-15

4:32 p.m. Weston Field: A town resident called in a noise complaint. An officer asked the people in the press box to lower the music. There were only seven minutes to go until the game started and at that point the music would be turned off.

Friday 4-17-15

1:00 p.m. Weston Team Support Facility: Security investigated lawn damage on the south side of the Weston Team Building. A College vehicle driving on the narrow sidewalk behind the building caused the damage.

1:29 p.m. Berkshire Quad: A College employee reported a motor vehicle accident with a College-owned vehicle. While backing out of the quad the driver struck a permanent bollard pole located on the south east exterior of East Dorm. The vehicle suffered severe damage to the passenger’s side. There were no personal injuries. WPD also responded.

2:07 p.m. Parsons House: A resident reported a burning odor coming from the floorboards outside the front of Parsons House. The Williamstown Fire Department (WFD) responded. Parsons was evacuated. Officers found the porch and building on fire. A fire extinguisher and nearby garden hose were used to cool down the smoldering materials. WFD, aided by at least one student/firefighter, used their thermal imaging camera to pinpoint the location and extent of the fire. The cause of the fire appeared to be careless use and disposal of smoking materials.

2:20 p.m. Griffin Hall: Security received a report of a student that had fainted. Officers responded and assisted the student, then had Dispatch contact Village Ambulance. Paramedics checked the student out, but the student refused transport to a medical facility.

Saturday 4-18-15

12:10 a.m. Doughty House: Security received a noise complaint. There was a group of about 30 students in the living room area listening to loud music and dancing. Officer advised them of the complaint, and they agreed to turn the volume down and close the windows.

12:55 a.m. Paresky Center: A staff member in Paresky Center contacted Dispatch requesting a response to Paresky to check on a male who had fallen asleep in the first floor bathroom.

1:19 a.m. Hopkins Hall Drive: A report of an individual who possibly needed assistance was called in by a WPD Officer who was on scene. WPD also asked for an EMT response.

5:18 a.m. Mission: Security received a report of an intoxicated person possibly in need of assistance. 911 was activated. A student was sick and had been vomiting. The student was evaluated and was cleared to stay on campus.

9:27 p.m. Sage Hall: Security received a report of an individual having difficulty breathing. 911 was activated as well. Village Ambulance transported to Berkshire Medical Center, North.

Sunday 4-19-15

12:48 a.m. Paresky Lawn: Security received a request to do a welfare check of a female student sitting at a picnic table on Paresky lawn. Officers were in Paresky for the closing of Lee Snack Bar and immediately went outside to Paresky lawn. They did not see anyone sitting at any of the picnic tables or the benches. They also did a check of the surrounding area and did not find anyone matching the description.

1:21 a.m. Paresky Center: Officers were departing Paresky via the west door when they noticed a male student enter the first floor women’s restroom. Officers entered the restroom to see what was going on. They found the student watching another, who was hunched over the toilet vomiting. The student was able to answer all questions regarding location, date, time, etc. and seemed to be very coherent. Friends were going to escort her home.

7:03 p.m. Schapiro Hall: Security received a report of an odor of cigarettes in the first floor area. Officers checked the floor and could smell a very faint odor near the south door. No one was in the area.