Athletes of the Winter

Ellen Cook ’15
Women’s basketball
Eugene, Ore.

Cook was recently named to d3hoops.com’s Second Team All Northeast Region. She was also named the NESCAC co-defensive player of the year as well as being honored with First-Team All NESCAC honors for the second consecutive year. Cook’s stats place her in the top 10 for all of the NESCAC teams, ranking fourth in steals, seventh in points, eighth in points per game, ninth in assists and tenth in blocks. Cook played 111 career games, tallying a grand total of 1,204 points, placing her at eighth place in Williams history. During her career, Cook had 463 rebounds and 263 assists.

Dan Wohl ’15
Men’s basketball
La Canada, Calif.

Wohl broke records and usurped expectations this season, becoming the leading scorer for both the NESCAC and the Ephs. He was named to the Second Team All Northeast Region by d3hoops.com and was also named to the All-NESCAC First Team. Wohl scored 493 points this spring, averaging 19.7/game. Wohl led the Ephs in points, free throws made, minutes played, rebounds, steals and blocks. He is ranked 13th in scoring for Williams with 1,278 points and eighth in rebounds with 625.

Sarah Thompson ’15
Women’s swimming
Evanston, Ill.

Thompson was consistent threat in the pool this season. Her strong work ethic and training paid off at NESCACs where she broke records in the 200 free relay, the 400 medley rela, and the 400 free relay. Thompson also placed first in the 500 free and the 1650 free. She was recognized with the Swimmer of the Meet and Four Year Swimming High Point Awards. Her season culminates this weekend at NCAAs in Shenandoah, Texas.

Will Wicherski ’15
Nordic Skiing
Boise, Idaho

Wicherski led the Nordic team this winter, consistently scoring for the Ephs and often leading his young team around the course. Wicherski ended his season and his career in an incredible fashoin this past week at the 2015 NCAA Championships. He placed 18th in the country in the 10k skate race and was the first Williams finisher and the sixth eastern skier in a western-dominated field. Two days later, Wicherski placed 24th in the field, an impressive result in amidst the best skiers in the country.