Athletes of the Week

Hillary Cook ’15
Women’s lacrosse (Concord, Mass)

“Hillary’s been playing well this year and having a great season. She has hillybeen performing through both adversity and injury and is a very hard worker. She’s a real threat on the offense and a very hard attacker to stop. She has so many changes of direction and a great shot that comes in high.” – Chris Mason, Head Coach

Cook has been a powerhouse on the field for the Ephs so far this season. Her performance against the Conn. College Camels kept the Ephs in contention throughout the duration of the game scoring four goals on five shots in the first two halves. Cook’s efforts helped propel the Ephs to an overtime period, where her acrobatic goal within the last few minutes granted the Ephs a victory. Cook was named NESCAC Player of the Week. In four games, Cook has netted 15 goals and one assist, leading the Ephs in goals scored and taking second in points.

Jorge Lopez ’16
Wrestling (Wharton, N.J.)

“Jorge went absolute beast mode this weekend. He steamrolled to the semis, where he lost a heartbreaker.  He showed great leadership by taking no prisoners coming back to third with two dominant wins. His ultimate goal is out there and I know he will do everything within his control to achieve it.” – Scott Honecker, Head Coach

Lopez placed third in the 184-lb weight class this past weekend at the Div. III NCAA Championships in Hershey, Penn. Lopez successfully picked off opponents one by one throughout the tournament before putting forth an exceptional effort in the semi-finals. Lopez, along with one other teammate, earned All-American Honors at this tournament. This is the the third time Lopez has been distinguished as an All-American, the fourth Eph ever to achieve this recognition for three consecutive years.