Athletes of the Week: Victoria Kingham ’18 and Dan Whittam ’15

Victoria Kingham ’18

Victoria Kingham ’18
Women’s track and field (New York, N.Y.)

“She has had a strong two weeks. Setting the school record in the 800 meter at All New Englands and coming back the next week being part of a national qualifying Distance Medley Relay. She brings a positive work-ethic and attitude to practice every single day.”

– Nate Hoey, Head Coach

Kingham heads into NCAA Indoor Championships with a string of incredibly strong showings on the track recently. Last week, Kingham helped lead her distance medley relay team to a second place finish at the Tufts Last Chance meet. Kingham’s impressive showing in the 800 meter component of the relay contributed to her quartet cutting their season best by nearly 20 seconds. This significant feat comes very shortly after Kingham set a new school record in the 800 meter with a time of 2:12.18 at All New Englands.

Dan Whittam ’15

Dan Whittam ’15
Men’s lacrosse (Allendale, N.J.)

“Dan Whittam is in his third year as a starter and has improved every year he has been in the lacrosse program.  Not only is he a talented goalie, but he brings a lot of energy and strong leadership to our team.”

– George McCormack, Head Coach

Whittam continues to uphold his reputation as a powerhouse in the net in his senior season. Last week, Whittam saved 13 shots on goals in the Ephs machup against the Trinity Bantams to help ensure his team’s hard-fought 9-7 victory. In the men’s game against Skidmore, Whittam similarly performed strongly, saving an impressive 11 shots on goals to guarantee the team’s huge 13-4 win at home. He is currently fostering a commanding .674 save average  in the first two weeks of the season.