Spring Street Blues

Monday 2-16-15

9:31 a.m. Armstrong: Dispatch received a call about a suspicious man sleeping on a couch in a common room. Officers identified him and confirmed that the situation was okay.

Thursday 2-19-15

1:35 a.m. West College: Security recieved a call concerning a conflict between residents.

8:50 a.m. Children’s Center: Security called 911 in response to a report of a Children’s Center staff member who was light headed and had a rapid heartbeat. Village Ambulance EMTs arrived and recommended that the patient go to Berkshire Medical Center (BMC) North Adams. Village Ambulance transported the patient.

11:51 p.m. Gladden House: Security received a noise complaint. There were about 30 students playing Beirut.

Friday 2-20-15

1:13 a.m. Hoxsey Street: A staff member called stating that an unidentified female was walking on the street saying that she had a broken leg. Officers arrived on Hoxsey St. and found that a party was finishing at 66 Hoxsey St. and students were walking up the street. Security found no injured students.

Saturday 2-21-15

2:41 a.m. Fayerweather: A caller reported that a male had entered his room uninvited. Officers arrived and spoke to the student, who stated that he had forgotten to lock his door and a male entered his room and got into his bed. He tried to wake the individual up, but was unable to.  Officers woke up the individual and found him to be moderately intoxicated. He identified himself and his room, which was two doors down on the opposite side of the hallway. He was escorted to the correct room and the complainant was satisfied with the case of the mistaken room as the cause of the incident.

9:39 p.m. Sewall House: Security received a report of a container of compost in the kitchen of Sewall that smelled very badly. Student asked for a can of spray to help with the smell. The on-duty custodians brought a can of spray to Sewall.

Sunday 2-22-15

1:06 a.m. Paresky: Security received a report of a suspicious person talking to girls as they were leaving the dance. This person was described as standing outside the building near the ice sculpture. Officers responded immediately and spoke with the person.  The man was identified as a Union College student and a guest of a Williams student.

2:36 p.m. Stetson-Sawyer: Security received a report of vomit on the floor near Sawyer bathrooms. Officers confirmed the presence of vomit and made sure the area was blocked off with wet floor caution signs. The mess was outside the men’s and women’s restrooms on the third floor. Dispatch contacted the on-call custodian for clean-up.

9:44 p.m. Prospect House: Security received a report of a smell of marijuana. Officers could not determine the exact location because while there was a definite smell of marijuana, there was also a thick smell of an air freshener. Officers spoke with a couple of students.