Athlete of the Week 2.25.15

Oge Uwanaka ’16

Oge Uwanaka ’16

Women’s Basketball (Bronx, NY.)

“Oge provided a tremendous spark off the bench for us! She played a major role in our comeback against Conn. Oge was a force on both ends of the floor, she dominated on the boards and came up with key steals as well. Oge always plays with amazing energy, power and passion.”

” – Pat Manning, Head Coach

Uwanaka was a force for the Ephs last weekend, coming off the bench and igniting both the offense and defense during her time on the court. Uwanaka played an impressively strong 24 minutes, tallying eight points, six rebounds, four assists, four steals, and three blocks. Her effort and hard work played a major role in the Ephs powering past a ten point deficit accumulated early in the game, to defeat Conn. College in the quarterfinals of the NESCAC playoffs.

Thad Ricotta ’15
Thad Ricotta ’15
Men’s Swimming (Katy, Texas)

“Thad had an outstanding conference meet this past weekend, perhaps one of the best we’ve ever had.  He swam with poise and confidence and was lights out every time he hit the water.  He had huge swims for us in the relays. His preparations have been outstanding this season.”

– Steve Kuster, Head Coach

Ricotta had an exceptional weekend in the pool. Coming in first in three different events, Ricotta set a new pool and meet record in the 200-meter butterfly, speeding to the finish in a scorching 1:46.53. Ricota was a critical member on four of the Ephs winning relays, two of which are te top three relay teams in the country. Ricotta came away from the weekend with the Swimmer of the Meet awward. He is will head into Nationals in March as the top seed in two events.