Athlete of the Week

Sarah Thompson ’15
Sarah Thompson ’15
Women’s Swimming (Evanston, Ill.)

“Sarah is a great team leader, in and out of the pool. She was on four of our five winning relays and swam crucial legs in each one. Individually, she had some great swims this weekend. Her recognition as four year high point winner is a testament to all she has done during her career.” – Steve Kuster, Head Coach

Thompson has been a force for the Ephs this season, leading the women to an undefeated regular season that culminated in a victory at NESCACs. Thompson’s hard work ethic and training paid off this past weekend when she broke records in the 200 free relay, the 400 medley relay, and the 400 free relay. Thompson also placed first in the 500 free and the 1650 free. She was recognized with the Swimmer of the Meet and Four Year Swimming High Point Awards. Thompson will continue to train in preparation for NCAAs in March.

Chris Chorzepa ’17
Wrestling (Newington, Conn.)

“Chris has taken it to another level this season. He has kept an outstanding focus on improvement all season long. Chris understands that he is nowhere near the limit of his potential, and if he gets to his best in all three positions he can be something very special.” – Scott Honecker, Head Coach

Chris Chorzepa ’17

Competing in the 184-lb. and 174-lb. weight classes, Chorzepa dominated his competition against both WPI and Springfield this past weekend. Chorzepa defeated his two opponents in hard fought battles, two wins that upped his personal record to 31-0. Chorzepa is only the second Eph to post a perfect season in the past ten years, following in the footsteps of Tim Prarie ’05 who went undefeated in the 2005-2006 season. Chorzepa will compete again this upcoming weekend.