Athlete of the Week

Ellen Cook '15
Ellen Cook ’15
Ellen Cook ’15
Women’s Basketball (Eugene, Ore.)

“Ellen is one of the hardest working players I’ve ever coached in 25 years. In her four years she has never gone lightly in a drill, never taken time off in practice, she goes all out all the time. So she’s the type of playing I’m just thrilled for her success, she really does work so hard for it.” – Pat Manning, Head Coach

Cook, with nearly seven hours of playtime this season, has led her team to a strong season in her senior year. In the team’s matchup against Tufts on Feb. 7, Cook was responsible for a third of the Ephs final score and rallied her team with impressive steals and three-pointers throughout the contest. She is currently ranked seventh in all of NESCAC for total points, steals and assists throughout the course of the season.

Pierceson Brown '18
Pierceson Brown ’18
Pierceson Brown ’18
Men’s Track and Field (Denver, Colorado)

“Pierceson has looked great the last few weeks as he has moved up poles and grips. The pole vault is such a technical event and he is in a great groove right now and has all phases of his vault clicking. He should go even higher as he will move up to new poles we recently ordered for him in the next couple of weeks.” – David Thompson, Head Coach

Brown has already emerged as a strong addition to men’s track and field in his first year at the College. At Dartmouth this past weekend, Brown achieved a collegiate personal record with his vault of 14-06.00. This intimidating number also earned Brown the Williams College indoor freshman pole vault record and a second place ranking amongst all Div. III New England vaulters competing this season.