Spring Street Blues 1-21-15

Monday 1-12-15

6:03 p.m. Chandler Gym: Officers responded to a trainer’s report of a student experiencing an irregular heartbeat. Dispatch activated 911 and Village Ambulance also responded. The student was evaluated and then taken to Berkshire Medical Center (BMC) in North Adams.

10:01 p.m. Fayerweather: Officers responded to a report of someone smoking marijuana in the basement. Officers checked the bathroom and did not find an odor of marijuana. However, the bathroom window was open.

Tuesday 1-13-15

7:32 p.m. Chandler Gym: Officers responded to a 911 activation at the athletic trainer’s office. A student was experiencing an allergic reaction. The student was playing in the women’s basketball game at the time of the incident. The student used an epi-pen. North Adams Ambulance arrived and transported the student to BMC.

Wednesday 1-14-15

3:05 p.m. Morley Science Center: A student reported that while coming down the north stairs at the physics building, she missed a couple of stairs. She twisted her right ankle and fell. Officers transported her to the Health Center and filled out a personal accident form.

11:01 p.m. Wood House: Officers responded to a noise complaint. The caller stated that loud music was coming from the second floor. There was a small gathering in a second floor common room with very loud music and voices. The group was advised of the complaint and turned down the music. A small group on the second floor playing video games was also advised of the complaint.

11:13 p.m. Agard: Officers responded to a noise complaint. Officers found a small gathering in the basement area with Beirut activity. Officers spoke with the students involved and the game was cleaned up and the music turned down.

11:14 p.m. Wood House: Officers responded to a second noise complaint for the second floor of Wood House. The caller stated that the music had been turned down while the officers were there but as soon as they departed the music level was turned back up.  Officers again spoke with the group in second floor common room of the second noise complaint. The group apologized and turned off the music.

11:49 p.m. Agard: Officers responded to a second noise complaint at Agard. There was a small gathering in the basement area with loud music. Officers spoke with the same students that were involved earlier, and the party was ended and the basement was cleaned up. All students involved were very cooperative.

Thursday 1-15-15

6:54 a.m. 88 Meacham St.: A senior staff member reported she had parked her truck in the hockey rink parking lot from 6:15 a.m. to 6:25 a.m. and returned to find damage to the right rear passenger side. She then drove it home and called Campus Safety and Security (Security). Williams Dispatcher called the Williamstown Police Department (WPD) to have one of their officers also respond to take the vehicle damage report.

10:51 a.m. Williams Hall: Officers responded to to check for the smell of smoke coming from a room. Several people were on site and were concerned about a strong smell of marijuana.

Friday1-16-15

5:45 a.m. Mission Park: Officers responded to a request from a third floor common room for a student who was ill. Dispatch activated 911 for Village ambulance. Village Ambulance transported to Southwestern Vermont Medical Center.

10:15 p.m. Paresky: A Security officer met a WPD officer in front of Paresky concerning a student vehicle blocking a driveway. There was a vehicle blocking the driveway to St. John’s Church. The vehicle had a student decal and the owner was identified. Security made attempts to contact the owner. The WPD advised that if Security could not locate the student, the vehicle would be towed, and they already had a tow truck on the way. Williams Dispatch then heard that the student had met up with the WPD officer and the vehicle was being moved.

Saturday 1-17-15

1:00 a.m. Paresky: While assisting Dining Services with the closing of Whitman’s in Paresky, the manager advised officers of a student who had given her a hard time at Lee Snack Bar. She reported that the student had cut the line, and when she had asked him to go to the back of the line he refused to do so, advising that people cut the line all the time. He had also been asked several times to stop sitting on tables before this line-cutting incident occurred. The student saw officers speaking to the manager and was seen quickly exiting the building.

2:54 a.m. East College: Officers responded to a noise complaint. There were loud voices coming from a room. Residents were advised of the complaint and agreed to keep the volume down for the remainder of the evening.

3:32 a.m. East College: Officers responded to a second noise complaint. The residents were advised of the second complaint and said they were going to bed for the night.