Athletes of the Week: Christina Cleroux ’18 and Craig Kitto ’15

Christina
Christina Cleroux ’18

Christina Cleroux ’18
Women’s ice hockey (New Glasgow, Nova Scotia)

“Christina made some key saves for us through the last few games and she has helped the team gain key NESCAC points. Her stats through her first college games are extremely impressive.” – Meghan Gillis, Head Coach

Cleroux has been a powerful presence in the net for the women’s ice hockey team this season. In Friday’s game against Hamilton, Cleroux made 27 saves, tallying her second shut-out of the season in a 0-0 tie. Cleroux then made seven crucial saves in the first and second period in Saturday’s game against Hamilton, keeping Williams in the lead and stopping Hamilton’s momentum. Cleroux has saved 119 out of 124 shots, giving her a .967 save percentage. In five starts, Cleroux has kept three clean sheets.

Craig
Craig Kitto ’15

Craig Kitto ’15
Men’s ice hockey (Ashburn, Va.)

“He is one of the hardest working players on our team and has been a leader amongst our youn group of forwards. On Saturday, Craig scored three timely goals versus a strong Plattsburgh team. He will continue to be counted on as we begin the final month of NESCAC regular season play.” – Bill Kangas, Head Coach

Kitto’s impressive performance in the men’s ice hockey game against Plattsburgh State on Saturday heavily contributed to the Ephs’ success. Kitto scored three goals in the first two periods that gave the Ephs the 6-3 lead that they needed to beat the Cardinals. Kitto scored his first goal only 1:17 into the first period. Kitto scored again in the first period with 12:38 on the clock and completed his hat trick early into the second period. Kitto leads the Ephs in goals and points so far this season.