Athletes of the Week 11/19/14: Kristi Kirshe ’17 and C.J. Shugart ’18

Kristi Kirshe '17
Kristi Kirshe ’17

Kristi Kirshe ’17
Women’s soccer
Franklin, Mass.

“Kirshe’s job is to create chances and score goals, and she is certainly doing that incredibly   well! She is playing with such confidence and conviction right now. She’s loving every minute and playing like she wants this to last as long as it possibly can.” – Head Coach Michelyne Pinard

Kirshe broke the Williams women’s soccer single-season scoring record this weekend, notching her 15th, 16th and 17th goals of the season, leading the women to the Sweet 16 of the NCAA Div. III tournament. Her first collegiate career hat trick contributed to the women’s 4-1 dispatching of Ithaca. Kirshe, with her NESCAC-leading 17 goals, was selected as First Team All-NESCAC last week.

C.J. Shugart '18
C.J. Shugart ’18

C.J. Shugart ’18
Men’s ice hockey
Toronto, Ontario

“We are very pleased with C.J.’s performance last weekend. His four-point effort helped our team earn three league points. As an outstanding team-first player, C.J.’s hardwork, determination and great attitude have added to the culture of our team.” – Head Coach Bill Kangas

In his first career collegiate game, Shugart had a breakout performance, notching two goals for the men, who dispatched Colby 4-2 in the opening game of their season. Shugart collected four points on the weekend and rests as the team’s point leader with two goals and two assists. He looks to continue his offensive ways as the men take on Conn. College and Tufts this weekend.