Athletes of the Fall 2014: Zach Grady ’15, Colin Cotton ’17, Lilly Wellenbach ’15 and Tori Jasuta ’17

Zach Grady '15
Zach Grady ’15

Zach Grady ’15
Men’s soccer
E. Bridgewater, Mass.

Grady had a stellar senior season for the Ephs, notching a team- and NESCAC-leading 10 goals on the year. He also recorded four game-winning goals for men’s soccer including notable late-game heroics against Middlebury and Endicott, scoring golden goals in double overtime in both games. In addition, Grady buried game winners against Colby and Hamilton. His four game-winning goals also led the conference and his 20 points placed him third. He led the men with 45 shots on the year, shooting a blistering 22.2 percent. For his efforts, Grady was awarded First Team All-NESCAC honors.

Colin Cotton '17
Colin Cotton ’17

Colin Cotton ’17
Men’s cross country
Cincinnati, Ohio

Cotton led men’s cross country to a NESCAC title and NCAA berth this season. Individually, Cotton finished first in four races for the Ephs this season. He set the course record at the RPI Invite in the men’s first race of the season and set the all-time men’s 8k record at the Paul Short Invitational, finishing with a time of 24:10. Cotton earned All-Region honors after finishing first in the NCAA Div. III New England Regional Championships among almost 400 runners. He also earned NESCAC Most Outstanding Performer and First Team All-NESCAC honors for his first place finish at the NESCAC Championships.

Lilly Wellenbach '15
Lilly Wellenbach ’15

Lilly Wellenbach ’15
Women’s soccer
West Bath, Maine

Wellenbach has been a force on both sides of the ball for women’s soccer this season, leading the team into the Sweet Sixteen of the NCAA Div. III Tournament. She impressively captained the team with incredible organizational and leadership skills, anchoring the impenetrable Eph defense that posted the lowest goals against average in the NESCAC at 0.39 goals per game, which is good for 11th in the nation. In addition, she made her mark on the other side of the ball, notching an important game-winning penalty kick goal in the NESCAC semifinals against Colby. She also set-up the game tying goal in the NESCAC finals against Conn. College.

Tori Jasuta '17
Tori Jasuta ’17

Tori Jasuta ’17
Volleyball
Manhattan Beach, Calif.

Jasuta earned her second-straight NESCAC Player of the Year award this season, leading volleyball to its second-consecutive NESCAC title and a berth in the NCAA Div. III Elite Eight. A force on both offense and defense, Jasuta led the NESCAC with 3.85 kills per set, while her 3.53 digs per set placed her at ninth in the conference. She led the women in total digs, kills and points, averaging an astounding 4.5 points per set. In addition, she was named to the American Volleyball Coaches Association All-Northeast First Team for the second-straight season and was named the NCAA Div. III New England Regional Most Outstanding Player for her performance last weekend.