Spring Street Blues 11-12-14

Monday 11-3-14

7:29 p.m.,  Mission Park: Campus Safety and Security (Security)  received a theft report regarding a student’s missing backpack. Officers found a similar backpack present. The owner of the present backpack was contacted to determine if he had made a mistake and accidentally picked up the other student’s backpack.
9:03 p.m., Hopkins Hall: The student came into the Security office and exchanged backpacks.

Tuesday 11-4-14

10:00 a.m., Brooks: Officers called 911 after receiving a report that a student had collapsed on the floor. The student was transported to the Berkshire Medical Center (BMC) South for further testing and evaluation.
8:10 p.m., Dennett: Officers responded to conduct a welfare check of a student.

Wednesday 11-5-14

3:30 p.m., Hopkins Hall: A horticulturalist came into the Security Office to report to that the southwest corner of the Weston Field Team Support Building had been damaged. The damage probably occurred on or after Sunday. It is possible that a Facilities vehicle or a contractor may have caused the damage to the building. Security officers investigated the building and took photos to document the damages.
6:30 p.m., Spring Street: Dispatch received a report of a suspicious person on Spring Street near Tunnel City Coffee. Officers took down a description and contacted the Williamstown Police Department (WPD) for assistance.  Officers were unable to locate anyone matching the description provided.

Friday 11-7-14

8:20 a.m., Hopkins Hall: A student reported a stolen laptop and filled out a Stolen Article Report, which was faxed to WPD.
12:40 p.m., Hopkins Hall: A student called Dispatch to report that the stolen laptop reported as missing had been recovered.
4:50 p.m., Hopkins Hall: A New York state police officer called Dispatch regarding several Williams College students driving a college van over the speed limit on the Taconic State Parkway. Officers identified the driver and confirmed the student had permission to drive the van. A citation was issued.
Saturday  11-8-14

11:26 a.m., Morgan Hall: A student on the second floor of Morgan Hall reported that a Golden Retriever had pranced into her room and urinated on the floor. An officer investigated the student’s room and was able to confirm the puddle, but could not locate the dog.
12:23 a.m., Fitch: Security received a report from Fitch that a bathroom was flooding. When officers arrived, the toilet appeared to be vandalized as there was broken porcelain and several pipes were damaged and leaking. The water was turned off and an out of order sign was placed on the stall.  Security called in Mechanical Trades and custodians for repair and cleanup.

Sunday 11-9-14

12:20 a.m., Paresky Center: Security received a report of an intoxicated person in the first floor men’s bathroom at the Paresky Center.  When officers responded to the scene, they found a student sitting in the bathroom stall covered in vomit and unable to speak. Village Ambulance was called and transported the intoxicated student to BMC North.