Athletes of the Week 11/12/14: Claire Miller ’15 and Todd Ford ’16

Claire Miller '15
Claire Miller ’15

Claire Miller ’15
Volleyball
Wilmette, Ill.

“Claire had probably her best overall performance yet in the NESCAC tournament. She was a steady, consistent presence and I think she represented what our team was all about last weekend. I continue to be very proud of this entire group for their resiliency, determination, and passion this season.” – Christi Kelsey

Miller earned NESCAC Volleyball Player of the Week honors as she helped the Ephs claim their second consecutive NESCAC title, in their defeat of the Jumbos 3-2 on Sunday. Miller totalled 38 kills over the entirety of the conference tournament, tallying three straight matches with double digit kills. She hit an impressive .232, with 27 digs and four service aces on the weekend.

Todd Ford '16
Todd Ford ’16

Todd Ford ’16
Men’s cross country
Glenview, Ill.

“Todd ‘went the extra mile’ this summer to prepare for a peak cross country season, showed his form early on and has now bounced back from illness to shine in the ECAC meet. With quiet confidence and built up endurance his smooth stride launches into a blazing kick, which earned him his third-place finish.” – Head Coach Pete Farwell ’73

In his first race since the Paul Short Invitational on Oct. 4, Ford claimed third place at the ECAC Championships on Saturday with a time of 25:49, as the first Eph to cross the finish line. It was the third consecutive top-three finish at the ECACs for Ford, who placed second in his past two ECAC Championships. He helped the Ephs earn their eighth straight ECAC Championship.